Babies: 9 - 12 Months

If you have a pre-lit tree

Is it ruined if one light goes out?  I'm trying to figure out if it's worth going pre-lit.  talk me into it.

Re: If you have a pre-lit tree

• Ours is...it was a cheapie $25 walmart tree lol but we don't have room for anything else. For ours the tree is in three sections you put together, s othat whole section goes out, but not the whole tree. But this is our 3rd year with the tree, and this was the first time we had to replace a bulb.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have a pre-lit tree and I really want to replace it with a plain non-lit tree.  If one light goes out the section goes out. 

We had a few sections go out last year and DH and I sat checking bulbs for two hours before we got mad and started cutting the sections of burned out lights out of the tree, which was a PITA!  We bought a string of lights to fill in the dead spot.  Hopefully I can find a nice plain tree this year to replace it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think mine does. I think if one light goes out the rest stays lit. Either that or I've never had a light go out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got ours from Hobby Lobby and it guarantees that if 1 bulb goes out that the whole string won't go out with it.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Ours isn't an overly expensive one and if one light goes out the rest stay lit. Which is great b/c DS's new favorite activity is unscrewing the lights! Ugghh..
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our tree is from 2003 ($199).  I found 2 bulbs out, but it does not affect the whole tree.  This tree is really nice though and it doesn't seem like they make them like this any more. 

We bought a new tree last year for our basement (also pre-lit) and the light cords are loose and sloppy and the tree is pretty sparse.  We got it on sale though, but still, the quality is low.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have a pre-lit tree that if one goes out the rest will stay lit. We got ours 2 years ago for like $40 dollars on black friday.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"