2nd Trimester
Options

Since we've talked so much about gender disappointment lately...

I had my big ultrasound today, and the u/s tech was telling me how she recently had a patient who said "I would rather be pregnant with a pony than this healthy baby boy". She evidently wanted a girl that badly lol. It just cracks me up- I mean, everyone does realize there is a 50/50 chance, right?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Since we've talked so much about gender disappointment lately...

• Options

"I would rather be pregnant with a pony than this healthy baby boy"

Wow...  Indifferent

• Options

You are a giving person to crack up at that. I would have had a different reaction, frankly.

Maybe she should stop by a loss board for a nice little reality check.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I know plenty of people who would love to have that healthy baby boy....WTF are people so concerned about the gender instead of the health?

Obviously that's not geared towards you, but that patient that I would like to beat 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Yeah, my jaw dropped. The u/s tech said she even made a point to tell the midwife that she thinks the patient has some issues.
  • Options
    Wow she needs to watch her mouth, that baby could still be born not so healthy. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I hate HATE how much flack boys get. My little boy is an angel and I would never trade him for anything- even a magical pony.
  • Options
    ...and those are the stupid people that get to have healthy babies - while so many of us have to hope and pray that our baby will live and be healthy.
  • Options

imagekilissa:
    ...and those are the stupid people that get to have healthy babies - while so many of us have to hope and pray that our baby will live and be healthy.

right!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    imageambrandau2:

You are a giving person to crack up at that. I would have had a different reaction, frankly.?

I guess I mean it cracks me up in the sense that people are so unbelievable, you know? Definitely not in a "oh how cute/ funny" kind of way.

• Options
  • Options

imagekilissa:

Yes

• Options

imagebrooketini:
    Yeah, my jaw dropped. The u/s tech said she even made a point to tell the midwife that she thinks the patient has some issues.
    that's a pretty unprofessional conversation the u/s tech had with you.

I really can't comprehend gender disappointment.  Like someone else said....get a reality check on the loss board. 

• Options
    I can understand gender disappointment but that is extreme. I'm somewhat disappointed that we are having our third boy but I'm so glad he his healthy and love him beyond measure. I agree this person needs help. However, I also think that was an professional conversation that the tech had w/ you.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMrs.Saxy:

that's a pretty unprofessional conversation the u/s tech had with you.

Yeah, after I posted this I figured someone would say that. That wasn't really the point of my post, but... Huh?

• Options

imagesleepingbeauty825:
    I hate HATE how much flack boys get. My little boy is an angel and I would never trade him for anything- even a magical pony.

heehee  Yes

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"