Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

getting methotrexate shot-what to expect?

Hi. I am new here. I got my first BFP on 11/8/10. My HCG levels started out low, but my doctor said it was probably because I was earlier along that I thought. I started having some light spotting on 11/16. He did an exam and u/s, but could not see anything. He sent me in for more bloodwork and assured me that it was probably due to me being earlier along than I knew.

That night I started having severe cramping and the bleeding continued to get worse. DH took me to the ER around 5am and it was diagnosed ectopic. I had to have emergency surgery. Since that day I have been going in for bloodwork to determine that my HCG levels are decreasing.

Dr called me today and said that the levels are not decreasing as he would like so he wants me to get the methotrexate shot. He made it sound not bad. Just said some cramping and nausea.

Just curious if anyone has had this shot and what I should expect.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: getting methotrexate shot-what to expect?

• I was dianosed with an Ectopic in November and had the shot (2 of them in the butt).  Waited a week had my blood taken 2 times that week and my levels didn't decrease enough and I needed a 2nd round (again 2 shots in the butt)!  But my levels were 7700 to begin with so not everyone deals with having 2 shots!  

My symptoms:  Once I started bleeding which was 2 days after my 2nd dose i bleed and clotted that night BAD and then for a week I bleed.  I will be honest it was very uncomfotable and i was told your body is in labor trying to pass the blood/tissue.  It hurt, I cramped, bleed etc... but I just thought I was thankful I didn't need any surgery and my fallopian tubes were not damaged!  

I can start trying in spring time again.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"