August 2011 Moms

Call Me Crazy?

But I def did I background check on my new OB, since my gyno doesn't do babies and delivery. Crazy, right?

Joking aside I really did. It's amazing what you will find on the internet. On the bright side, his record is nice and clear with no malpractice suits or anything. His previous patients have all given him 5 Star ratings...and since this is a guy that is going to be heavily criticized, I consider that an achievement.

I thought about pulling a "Knocked Up" moment and interviewing a bunch of docs but in my small town, that probably wouldn't fly too well. We will see how I like him, he's in a partnership with a doctor my mom really raves about so there's more point for the guy!

What about you ladies, did you already have your OB picked out, knew them before hand, what's the deal?

the LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalms 34:18
My Blog || BFP Chart
11/27/10-BFP, EDD 8/9/11 || 1/4-7/10- missed m/c 9wks
4/25/11- BFP , EDD 1/5/12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Call Me Crazy?

• I am lucky & my Gyn actually does OB as well. I love her so I am happy that I get to stick with someone who already knows me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Round 1, C 18 months =) Round 2! TTC #2, Cycle 1 image Oversharer extraordinaire:Blog
  • I'm definitely down with interviewing OB's before picking one. That's an important job and you want to make sure you're using someone you're comfortable with!

I'm actually going with a midwife this time since I'm having a VBAC.

• Loading the player...
  • I do have my OB picked out.  I live in a relatively small town and seriously googled every OB there is.  I've met with him a couple of times already (for an annual exam and from a previous miscarriage) and I really like his bedside manner.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My OB is the same one that I saw with DD. She didn't deliver DD (the on-call doc that is in the same practice did, and he is awesome too.)

Honestly, I'm super attached to my OB. She is young and also a mom and has been so, so supportive. She cried with us when we had our u/s on my last pregnancy when we didn't find a heartbeat. I can't imagine going to any other doctor now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• My regular doctor moved, so I had to pick a new one! My first appointment is Thursday, so we'll see how it goes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagesapphirewolfkdv:
    My regular doctor moved, so I had to pick a new one! My first appointment is Thursday, so we'll see how it goes.

I was curious about this part as well... if you end up NOT getting along with the new OB, can you just ask to get your files and go to a new OB again? We are all pretty early so it's not as dramatic as switching OB's when you are half way through...

the LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalms 34:18
    My Blog || BFP Chart
    11/27/10-BFP, EDD 8/9/11 || 1/4-7/10- missed m/c 9wks
    4/25/11- BFP , EDD 1/5/12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My OB was recommended by my SIL and my BIL's GF. There are very few OB's in our area. Kmart is also our biggest store. The joys of living in a small town :P
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"