Stay at Home Moms

Argh! DH and the Dishwasher

I could kill him.

Anytime DH loads the dishwasher, he loads it with dishes that still have CHUNKS of food on it.

I have talked to him about it three million times and believe I even cried the last time.  It was just one of those days.  He swore he'd stop.

He loaded the effing dishwasher last night and just now I go to unload it and put bottles together and there's sh*t all over all the bottles.

Have you ever enforced a rule that DH wasn't allowed to do something around the house because of this?  Seriously, his dishwasher-loading privileges are being revoked.  I'm sure he'll be heart-broken. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Argh! DH and the Dishwasher

• hmm give me a moment- and i will come up with another kicker of a statement for your DH too.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageStacyc625:
    hmm give me a moment- and i will come up with another kicker of a statement for your DH too.

LOL

HE CAN'T EVEN MAINTAIN!!! 

• Loading the player...
  • My husband isn't allowed to vacuum since he broke my Dyson twice in a matter of six months. :)  He willingly accepted the rule b/c he didn't want to go "vacuumless" again.
  • Dh can't do laundry. He's been forbidden. He fails to understand the need to seperate clothes. He thinks it efficient to throw them all in at the same time. UGH.

Kevin & Traci May 11, 2006 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Yep, laundry.  I don't trust him.

And FWIW, DH does the same thing with food on the dishes. 

• Yep, DH isn't allowed to do laundry here. He think the highest heat will dry everything faster, nevermind nothing fits a barbie after that. 
  • imagetwh2006:

Dh can't do laundry. He's been forbidden. He fails to understand the need to seperate clothes. He thinks it efficient to throw them all in at the same time. UGH.

THIS EXACTLY!!!! He also doesn't understand that some things cannot be put in the dryer! He shrunk one of my favorite sweaters about 2 months after we got married. I wanted to kill him!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I banned him from the laundry a couple years ago when LO was a baby.  He noticed I was behind, so he threw load after load into the washer, then dryer, then plunked them all into laundry baskets and left like 6 loads of clean laundry piled on top of each other.  It was a day before I noticed, and everything was smushed and wrinkled beyond recognition.  He didn't understand why I wasn't beside myself with glee that he helped out.
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"