Infertility
Options

Karyotype Testing and Humira

I found out today that after 6 Intralipid infusions my NK cells are not totally down, and I will be on Humira for IVF. Has anyone taken Humira? I'm hoping it tames my Psoriasis as well.

Also, I found out through genetic counseling that I have to have Karyotype testing. I know this is just some bloodwork....but I'm so, so nervous they will find yet another thing to add to this puzzle that is my body. Anyone have any experience they can share?

TTC since 8/09
DX: PCO, ENDO, High NK, MTHFR
8/10 = Lap to remove Endo

2 Femara TI, 3 Follistim IUI = BFN & 1 c/p
IVF #1 - BFP - boy/girl Twins!

Ben and Reese born at 34w2d!

Re: Karyotype Testing and Humira

• Options

I can't help with the NK cells question, I really hope the Humira can work. 

DH had karyotyping and it took 6 weeks to return the results.  It felt like forever.  We were fortunate that his results were good so I wish the same for you. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageamy1004:

DH had karyotyping and it took 6 weeks to return the results.? It felt like forever.? We were fortunate that his results were good so I wish the same for you.?

ah - gotcha. Looks like I better get the testing done sooner rather than later. 6 weeks is a long time! Thank you for the well wishes :-)?

?

TTC since 8/09

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am on Humira for ankylosing spondylitis (a type of autoimmune arthritis).  However, I stopped taking it before IVF #1 as there are risks to using it during pregnancy.  That being said, I had a lot of pain and inflammation during that cycle and it ended in a BFN.  So, this cycle, my rhuematologist and RE agreed that I could stay on Humira.  But, if I do get PG, my Rhuematologist may want me to discontinue it.

I also have NK activity.  So, I do intralipid infusions as well.

To me the Humira injections are the worst injections I have to do.  I don't know if there is more than one type of pen for Humira.  But, the kind I get uses a glass needle that really hurts! 

How often will they have you do Humira during your cycle?

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options
    imageSTL34:

I am on Humira for ankylosing spondylitis (a type of autoimmune arthritis).? However, I stopped taking it before IVF #1 as there are risks to using it during pregnancy.? That being said, I had a lot of pain and inflammation during that cycle and it ended in a BFN.? So, this cycle, my rhuematologist and RE agreed that I could stay on Humira.? But, if I do get PG, my Rhuematologist may want me to discontinue it.

I also have NK activity.? So, I do intralipid infusions as well.

To me the Humira injections are the worst injections I have to do.? I don't know if there is more than one type of pen for Humira.? But,?the kind I get?uses a glass needle that really hurts!?

How often will they have you do Humira during your cycle?

I am taking 2 injections pre-cycle (I believe). Do you take it once every two weeks? Oh gosh - a glass needle?! Lupron and Lovenox have been the worst injections for me thus far.

I hope the Humira does the trick for your upcoming cycle! GL!?

TTC since 8/09

• Options
    you should ask if you can use the Humira syringes because it is pain free and it is a tiny needle.I also have NK activity so I did two humira injections before starting IVF and I am doing intralipid during the cycle.
    Elle3 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"