Baby Names

So much for my sense of logic - teacher named her baby...

I figured teachers would avoid the super popular names and also spell a more traditional style...

But DS's teacher (Kindergarten) just named her daughter Madisyn.

Re: So much for my sense of logic - teacher named her baby...

• How yoo-neek of her.

::shudders::

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• I'm confused... how did she get her teaching degree at the age of sixteen? Stick out tongue
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • As a soon-to-be teacher I'm just curious as to why they would avoid the popular names?  If a teacher hasn't had any kids who've ruined the name for her, then there is no reason why she wouldn't use a popular name.  The spelling could use some help for sure though.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• imageforensicmama:
    I'm confused... how did she get her teaching degree at the age of sixteen? Stick out tongue

Bahahahaha!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What the hell does she teach?!?!
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • imagedhviel:
    As a soon-to-be teacher I'm just curious as to why they would avoid the popular names?  If a teacher hasn't had any kids who've ruined the name for her, then there is no reason why she wouldn't use a popular name.  The spelling could use some help for sure though.

I would think they've met enough _____ 's with the popular names that they'd want something that is not already associated with a student they've had.

• Wow. I am with you, I never thought a teacher would do that. Especially a kindergarten one that is seeing all the name trends come through!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageforensicmama:
    I'm confused... how did she get her teaching degree at the age of sixteen? Stick out tongue

Hahah!

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• imagebraveangel2:
    What the hell does she teach?!?!

Not spelling- that's for sure. 

"Even miracles take a little time"

• Is Madison and the various spellings even still popular? That's crazy if it is! 

January 2016 FB Group. 
    Friend this dummy account: http://on.fb.me/1d1Y5FN 
    Send a message saying you want in and I'll add you! 
    Feel Free to unfriend once you're added. 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oh no. Such a disappointment.
    BFP: 3/28/2010 Beta #1-120, Beta #2-590 EDD: 12/7/2011 HB: 109 BPM on 4/15 HB: 167 BPM on 5/13! 7/18 IT'S A BOY!
    "For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me the petition which I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5
  • gross.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagedhviel:
    As a soon-to-be teacher I'm just curious as to why they would avoid the popular names?  If a teacher hasn't had any kids who've ruined the name for her, then there is no reason why she wouldn't use a popular name.  The spelling could use some help for sure though.

After you have taught for a few years, you associate the popular names w/ students.  Doesn't matter if they're good or bad...You just think of a student w/ that particular name.  If it's super trendy, you just get tired of hearing it over & over & over.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Actually as a teacher, all the women I have worked with have given their children very common names!
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • LOL... classic!  (Not the name...)
  • I am a teacher and DD has a popular name, Olivia.  But I can honestly say after teaching for nine years, I have never taught an Olivia.  The logic of teacher avoiding popular names only applies if the popularity is regional. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"