Baby Names

Funny baby name opinion from a complete stranger story

So the other week I had to have yet another blood test.  The nurse asked me about the name we have picked out for the baby.  Except  that since I'm both queasy AND hard of hearing I thought she asked me what MY name was... so I said "Oh, it's Breanne." and she replied with "Blech!  I hate that name, don't choose that!" and I was left staring at her dumbfounded until I figured out what must have happened... then I debated between telling her my mistake and letting her know that she just insulted my own name, or letting her read the label and think that we wanted to name our daughter after me!  Hahaha.  Anyway, it was a good lesson that not everyone is going to like the name we pick so we'll wait until it's too late to provide opinions and people just have to roll with it regardless of what it is :).  

Any other funny reactions to baby name suggestions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Funny baby name opinion from a complete stranger story

• I can't believe that was her reaction! She sure would have felt foolish if you corrected her!

btw - my name is Bree, middle name Anna :) and I like my name!

• Hahahahaha...okay, that's funny. Correcting her would suck, so I'd just let her figure it out on her own. Boy, you're pretty narcissistic to name your kid after yourself. Stick out tongue

And I kind of like that she gave her honest opinion, but I would make a terrible nurse. Granted, there may be a few less Brylondas around.

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Loading the player...
  • Haha that is funny. FWIW, I don't see anything wrong with the name Breanna :)
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• It's not like you asked!
    Honeymoon Siggy Challenge: Cruisin' Alaska!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    image 83 image 46 image 22
  • Wow! Some people have balls. FWIW- I like your name too.

"Even miracles take a little time"

• imagesunnyday016:
    Haha that is funny. FWIW, I don't see anything wrong with the name Breanna :)

Ha! Surprised to see you still here- Guess you really are a regular. I haven't been on much since I had Sophia. But I was constantly on then. Prego again. Your Sophie has grown up so much!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesunnyday016:
    Haha that is funny. FWIW, I don't see anything wrong with the name Breanna :)

Ha! Surprised to see you still here- Guess you really are a regular. I haven't been on much since I had Sophia. But I was constantly on then. Prego again. Your Sophie has grown up so much!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"