North Dakota Babies

NBR: neighborhood crime

Right after I posted about maternity leave, I heard the doorknob to our home turn and the door trying to open (it was locked). Someone was trying to break in while I was only 6 ft away from the door. I called 911 and they informed me that someone else 2 doors down had called about the same issue at their home. I told them that I wanted to talk to the cop that comes to check out the situation and no one has come by. Crime has picked up a bit around here which is crazy since this is a really nice part of town (heck, we can't even afford to buy here and enjoy renting to be here). I wasn't scared but felt protective more than anything. A neighbor came by to check in and now I'm just waiting for DH to get home. What a not so fun afternoon - - everyone please remember to keep your doors locked!!!

Re: NBR: neighborhood crime

• Wow that is super scary (((hugs)))
    ~Kimberly & Eric~ April 21, 2008 ~Tensing Pen ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ My Blog: One Sunset at a Time
  • Wow.  That's crazy!  Thanks for the reminder!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my gosh how scary! And that sucks that the cops didn't come by.
  • So scary! I'm glad your door was locked and that you are fine.
    image   image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That is really, really scary!

It's a shame that crime is picking up, but hopefully it doesn't last.  What's annoying is that as nice as a neighborhood is, sometimes that is specifically why a burglar targets that area... they're looking for good loot.  We've had a couple of break-in sprees in some of the nicer neighborhoods in STL, but usually the cops start patrolling more and it stops.  Definitely a good plan to always keep the doors locked! 

Anniversary
  • A cop finally came by at 6:30pm this evening. Looks like my crafty neighbors got some big attorney in the neighborhood involved which in turn got the police on their toes and helping out. Hopefully they got the message that people around here are not going to let crime take over. Amazing what a small group of people can do. :)
  • How scary Dana! I would call back and let them know that they need to come by. Does your PD have a blog? Ours does and you can post concerns, we have found that this gets pd attention and quick response. I hate having the doors locked, especially when I am in the house. But your experience really makes me think twice about it.

Growing up, our family didn't know where our house key was. We would never lock the door and never had anything stolen. Sad how times have changed. 

• Scary!! What part of Charlotte are you in? (I used to live up in the university area and then out off of Harris blvd halfway between 77 and 85)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"