1st Trimester
Options

major mood swings

is it normal that the slightest thing could set me off and make me want to just cry? is it normal for my boyfriend (my babys father) to not understand what im going through? sometimes i just feel like he makes my mood worse. how do i cope with the mood swings and the emotional rollor coaster without being a complete (female dog) to eveyone??

Re: major mood swings

• Options

Entirely normal.

I cried last night and swore a blue streak because I couldn't find the remote.

H tries to understand it, but it's hard when I don't even understand sometimes.

I'm pretty feisty anyway, so now I make sure to take a deep breath and count to ten. So lame but that way I only snap in my head. :)

• Options
    I probably can't offer any sage advice, but can definitely relate.  Every night that DH has come home I have burst into tears for one reason or another.  I feel bad but most of what he does seems to me that he is being insensitive or uncaring about how I'm feeling.  I try to be more patient, but then I just end up crying!  I hate having NO control over my emotions.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had major mood swings, but I feel mostly angry, less like crying. The smallest thing will set me off and then I'm in a bad mood for the rest of the day. I feel like a terrible person, a terrible mother to my toddler, a terrible wife... I remember feeling moody last time around, but this time it seems worse. Anybody have any tips before I go nuts?
  • Options

I have been swinging all over the place. Last night, I just about had a panic attack with everything I have to do in the next few weeks, then I got furious (way out of proportion) with my DH for playing a video game, when I hadn't even asked him for help. Luckily, my DH is really sensitive and has been really understanding.

But yeah, sometimes you just need to remember to breathe. Stupid, but it helps. It sounds really weird, but I close my eyes and picture all the frustration leaving my body with each breath like a black cloud, until I feel better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"