Northern California Babies

So sorry to keep doing this to you guys...

...but Libby says it's ok to let you all in on my ups and downs, even though I feel terribly guilty about it...so,

The morning after we got home from leaving Olivia in Sac I received a text from a potential birthmom (PBM) in Washington DC. I had been in the shower, and jumped out to see why my phone was going off.

Honestly, I thought it might be the facilitator calling to harass us - I've been sort of on edge waiting for a bill or some sort of nonsense from her. I was so freaked out by the contact, that I ignored the text for a little while, then called my agency to figure out what we should do. They said it was up to me, but the PBM had sent me a link to her Facebook, and so the agency looked and said, well, she has a lot of friends and has been on for a while, so at least she's not just making a page up right now.

The text said to give her a call back, but I was just too afraid, so I stalled and sent another text back asking if I could call her in a couple of hours. She was going into work, but just asked to keep in touch via text. ... So, we have. Yesterday morning we talked for about an hour, and she is really amazing - educated, smart, older, busy, married (this was an oops, birth-control fail kind of thing)... and she really seems to like us. She's told us that she's chosen us to be the parents of her baby. But.... she hasn't spoken much to our agency yet. She took their phone call yesterday, but just to set up a time to talk today, and then didn't answer when they called. I texted her to let her know, as gently as possible, that we can't move forward until she talks with our agency, and she says she'll call them tomorrow am. We know of some possible red-flags (pieces of information that might make our agency tell us this won't be successful), but we are really waiting to get their input first-hand.

I'm keeping some of her details to myself, just because she has some ties to the bay area, and this is all being kept under wraps from everyone in her life, except her husband, her boss and a co-worker. She is due in early January, but says that she has never gone past 37 weeks in her past pregnancies - her babies are usually jaundiced and need the lights, but healthy in every other way. Oh, 37 weeks is two weeks from now. Don't know if it's a boy or girl. She thinks girl... but who knows?

For those of you that believe in signs (yes, you, Kelly Marie (!)), here are a couple for you:

1)We weren't supposed to be searchable on the agency's main website. After Olivia, we asked to be taken down until we could regroup. PBM found us the morning after we came home, and within an hour or so, we were no longer on the website. There was just a miniscule window of time for her to find us.

2) My dh & I were talking last week about where to vacation next, and he suggested PBM's city/area. He's very excited that since I had said no (I wanted to take our future kids there), that now there's a possibility for him to go earlier. So, there you go. Nothing to get excited about, yet, but that's what we're dealing with right now.

Re: So sorry to keep doing this to you guys...

• I just have a quick sec to reply but I wanted to let you know that I'm thinking good, good thoughts for you!! 

And please don't feel the slightest bit guilty about wanting to share both the ups and the downs w/us!  We want to share in your journey (and help you through it) any way we can!! 

• And, hold your hands above your head and "WEEEEEEEEE"
  • Loading the player...
  • Do not feel guilty about sharing this with us. You know we are all here for you no matter what.

Sending you good thoughts, wishes, dust, prayers, etc through this journey.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow M.  I hope this isn't another run around.  Sending good thoughts your way.

Does her facebook page show her other kids?

• You had better not be sorry. I for one want to know as much as you are comfortable with telling us as it happens. This is amazing journey and I am so happy and privileged to be walking it 'with' you. 

And don't loose all sense of excitement and hope... even though it is early on and what happened with Olivia SUCKS, always maintain a little hope and excitement. Hugs. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageRoni.Cedra:

You had better not be sorry. I for one want to know as much as you are comfortable with telling us as it happens. This is amazing journey and I am so happy and privileged to be walking it 'with' you. 

And don't loose all sense of excitement and hope... even though it is early on and what happened with Olivia SUCKS, always maintain a little hope and excitement. Hugs. 

This is exactly my thought!  Your other situation was terrible and cruel to go through, but it is ok to still have a little hope and excitement.  I am a BIG BELIEVER in signs... and your signs gave me the chills... I hope this works out for you, I am praying and keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you guys!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Previously posted as "denisethebride"
  • Please feel free to come here and share with us.  That's why we are here - to support you!  I'll definitely be keeping you guys in my thoughts!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • First off, don't feel guilty. We all want this for you, so no matter ups or downs let us help support. I am happy that this is coming so quickly, and I have been praying a baby would be headed your way soon. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that this is the one. Keep us posted.
  • please do not feel guilty M.  This board is for us and support from all.  I know you will be a momma soon, and I pray that you will not get heartbroken again - especially so soon after Olivia.  Please keep us in the loop, you have the GC we got you for the baby you bring home.  Sending my positive thoughts and prayers.
  • imagefutrkingsley:

Wow M.  I hope this isn't another run around.  Sending good thoughts your way.

Does her facebook page show her other kids?

It does. Two are in college, two are really young. Every single thing she has told me has been consistent with what I can find on the internets about her. I don't have too much concern that she's scamming us (financially or emotionally), but we are concerned that maybe her dh isn't really "on board" as much as she says he is.  

• GT&P - keep us posted.  How much detective work does the agency do for you?  I'm a pretty good internet snoop if you think there's more info to find on her.
  • thinking nothing but positive things for you! and hoping and praying too!!!
  • when I am told to not get excited, frankly I GET EXCITED! keeping my fingers & toes crossed for you, M.
  • I'm cautiously happy for you! *hugs* I sure hope this works out for you!

• Thank you for sharring this with us, M. Libby is right that we all want to be here for you in the ups and the downs. I am so excited for you, even though I know to be gaurded. I hope this plays out in your favor but no matter how it does we are here for you.
  • I definitely want to hear your ups and downs.  This board is here for you and to hear everything.  

I am constantly keeping you guys in my prayers.  I hope if this is right for you it works out. 

• Wow! What a roller coaster... I really hope this works out positively for you :-) Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Much love, thoughts and prayers to you M!
  • I am all in on this ride M. So today be excited and think baby names....think just like every other mommy does while she is waiting for her baby. Because you have no way of knowing what tomorrow holds so you might as well unabashedly enjoy today

Also as far as not contacting the agency...It is something that is done a lot. She just wants this to be done...she feels like she has done her part with finding parents...and probably has done this part of it before. 

But it matters and if you havent told her about Olivia I would so she understand where you are coming from. I know I tried to be/say all the right things to Melody but I am glad I told her about our fall through...I think it helped her understand how intense my fears were and why I needed certain things to happen...

br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Oh, Marisa - don't ever ever ever feel like you an't come here to talk - we're all excited to be a part of this journey with you - the good parts and the hard parts. :)

And I'm hot and cold when it comes to signs - sometimes I totally think they're  a real thing other times not so much. But, I totally got chills reading your post...for whatever that is worth.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow, what a roller coaster, but like pp said, we're here for you for both the ups and the downs.  I hope this is a real "up" and if this is your take-home baby, I'm going to be so happy for you!
  • Good luck M!  Of course we are here for you through the ups and downs and I hope you feel comfortable sharing all of it!  Fingers and toes crossed that this is your baby!

The big red flag for me (and really, who am I to judge?), but I think it's a bit puzzling that she is older, educated, married, has other children, and is willing to give up her oops baby.  Again, no judgment on her or anyone else in that situation, but that is the thing that would concern me the most about this situation.

Hopefully, I'm scratching my head for no reason and this works out for you!

• imageCelyn:
    GT&P - keep us posted.  How much detective work does the agency do for you?  I'm a pretty good internet snoop if you think there's more info to find on her.

They don't play detective, they just look for inconsistencies or red-flags from their experience.  I'm actually an expert Googler, if I do say so myself... and haven't found anything weird (but have found lots of stuff). 

• imageMeritage:

Good luck M!  Of course we are here for you through the ups and downs and I hope you feel comfortable sharing all of it!  Fingers and toes crossed that this is your baby!

The big red flag for me (and really, who am I to judge?), but I think it's a bit puzzling that she is older, educated, married, has other children, and is willing to give up her oops baby.  Again, no judgment on her or anyone else in that situation, but that is the thing that would concern me the most about this situation.

Right - that is a red-flag, because they have the means to parent, but are choosing not to. 

• Oh wow, keeping fingers & toes crossed for you! I hope everything works out this time! I'm so glad you are keeping us in the loop with what's going on during your adoption journey. I am honoroed that you are willing to share with us and that you are allowing us to be part of your support system. Good luck!

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageDragonfly_Bride:
    imageMeritage:

Good luck M!  Of course we are here for you through the ups and downs and I hope you feel comfortable sharing all of it!  Fingers and toes crossed that this is your baby!

Right - that is a red-flag, because they have the means to parent, but are choosing not to. 

For what it's worth, my grandmother gave a daughter up for adoption when she was married and had older children (I think they were in their late teens). She just didn't think that she could raise another child. I really hope this works out for you :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • M, I want you to share your whole journey with us.  I can't wait for the news that you have your baby free and clear.  Hoping that this is the right time and person.  And the offer still stands.  When you do have your baby, I am hosting your nestie/bumpie shower. :)
  • So glad to hear what you're up to.  Please don't feel 'shy' about posting here. We all are so supportive!
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • M, I'm a nervous nelly worrier so totally ignore me if you want, but is there a chance her hubby ISN't the father?  Sounds like the older two kids were from another dad and then the younger ones were with her hubby.
  • Oh, M. You have my best wishes that this is for real, and this baby WILL be yours soon.
  • Thank you for continuing to share your journey with us. I am keeping you in my thoughts.
    DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• First of all, good luck!!! I'm crossing everything crossable. :-). Second, I agree with Libby about considering telling PBM that you had a difficult fall-through situation (you don't need to give much info IMHO unless you want to). Might help her accommodate your emotional needs if she understands why. Hugs and good luck again!!!!
  • imagemrscerruti2be:
    M, I want you to share your whole journey with us.  I can't wait for the news that you have your baby free and clear.  Hoping that this is the right time and person.  And the offer still stands.  When you do have your baby, I am hosting your nestie/bumpie shower. :)
    If this was facebook, I would LIKE this comment :-)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagefutrkingsley:
    M, I'm a nervous nelly worrier so totally ignore me if you want, but is there a chance her hubby ISN't the father?  Sounds like the older two kids were from another dad and then the younger ones were with her hubby.

You're totally right about the children's dads. The first two were with her ex husband when she was late teens/twenties, and the other two are with her current dh. Actually, the third child might be with someone else, I'm not sure, but the fourth is her current dh's.

I know you are a worrier, and that's ok :) In any case, her dh is the "legal" father, meaning he has all rights, even above a bio dad, if one was to show up. But I'm not getting that vibe from this situation, though anything is possible. 

She simply doesn't think she has the ability to be a good parent to another child.  

• imageMeritage:

Interesting enough this part doesnt concern me that much. From the people I know that have adopted almost all are from women that have other kids...And I was so surprised by how "old" most birth mothers are. JLKs birthmom was considered very young and she was 22.

br
  • imageDragonfly_Bride:

imagefutrkingsley:
    M, I'm a nervous nelly worrier so totally ignore me if you want, but is there a chance her hubby ISN't the father?  Sounds like the older two kids were from another dad and then the younger ones were with her hubby.

You're totally right about the children's dads. The first two were with her ex husband when she was late teens/twenties, and the other two are with her current dh. Actually, the third child might be with someone else, I'm not sure, but the fourth is her current dh's.

I know you are a worrier, and that's ok :) In any case, her dh is the "legal" father, meaning he has all rights, even above a bio dad, if one was to show up. But I'm not getting that vibe from this situation, though anything is possible. 

She simply doesn't think she has the ability to be a good parent to another child.  

I have a friend that adopted a baby made thru affair and it was so strange for all involved how they had to remove the husbands rights...

br
  • I just wanted to send you good thoughts! Thank you for sharing your story, it's truly inspiring. 
  • M sending you lot's of good thoughts. We are all here through your ups and downs.
  • I was hoping your other post was something to do with your adoption process.

Sending you tons of positive thoughts!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"