Stay at Home Moms

DH took my car today - vent!

So DH woke me up this morning and asked to take my car to work. Why? Because he hasn't had an oil change in a year and the oil light came on last night on his way home. When he checked it it was sludge lol! Oh yeah, and the car wasn't running right for a few weeks. Why does he wait until this am to tell me or get his car checked? So DD and I missed gymboree and are stuck in the house all day. Fun times. At least DH's car is old but seriously he could ruin the engine not changing the oil for so long. Sorry vent over!

Re: DH took my car today - vent!

• If it is running why not take it to the oil change place and get it done for him?
  • I feel for you.  I hate when DH doesn't maintain things properly, and then they cause a "sudden" problem.  Somethings he can't foresee, but I think an oil change can be accomplished over lunch without too much pain, unlike me dragging to kids to sit in a little room for an hour. 
  • Loading the player...
  • That sucks.  We spend most days cooped up in the house b/c we live way out in the boonies and to get to anywhere other than Walmart is a hour or so drive 1 way.
  • Something similar happened to me one time and I was sooo annoyed to be left without a car! 

But I agree, might as well go and get it changed for him.  I always change mine with kids in tow.  They are usually super fast.

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Yup, I went ahead and got it changed for him. Oh well, at least I got it done lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"