Stay at Home Moms

How much holiday baking do you do?

Do you bake for just at home or mostly for gifts?  I was just curious after the gift poll below, I saw many mention that baking would start at a certain time or even my friends on FB are talking about all the baking they do for the holidays.

We make cut-out cookies with the kids and that's about it:)

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How much holiday baking do you do?

• A LOT!  For gifts, home, my grandparents' party...
  • Hardly any.  I always start out with the idea of making ten different kinds of cookies.  I buy all the stuff and then start baking and after two types of cookies, I'm beat and I stop.

I think I'm foregoing it this year. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't bake specifically for the holidays. I have friends who take a day off of work to bake all of their cookies, and DH's family (well, the women) get together on a weekend and make cookies to swap.
  • I make mint oreo truffles every year and take them wherever we go for Christmas Eve and hand a few out to friends.  I wouldn't have anything to do with dozens of cookies though and I surely don't want to eat them all myself.

• I will do a ton of baking in the week or so before Christmas.  I traditionally make a loaf of flavored bread (pumpkin, apple, etc) for each household in our family.  I also make a jar of drink mix (chai, mocha, etc.) to go with each, and then put everything in a basket with a picture of Miles and a small gift.  It's made gift-giving so much easier for us. :)
  • I only bake for a few of our neighbors. I dont like to keep candy and cookies in the house that much so I try to not have that much left over when I am baking. I bake for about 4-5 neighbors each year. I think next year I will bake more for gifts to family members.
  • I never really have, but I am going to this year.  Some will be for gifts, but mostly for myself I think - haha!  I think I am making...

MnM cookies

Pumpkin bars

Pumpkin Roll

Turtle cheesecake

peppermint bark

coffee cake

and then I'm buying almond bark pretzels - lol.  DH loves them.  I tried to make them last year, but I really think I need a double boiler to do them well and I don't have one and I'm not buying one for almond bark pretzels once a year!

No sugar cookies, no fudge - I got burnt out on those growing up. 

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Two birthday cakes and MAYBE cut out cookies with the kids if we have time.  We don't have family around so there's only so much sweet stuff we can eat.
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • I'm with you- I just do cut-outs for Eva to decorate.  I may do chocolate covered pretzels to have on hand as extra gifts if anyone drops by unexpected but that's it.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm almost certain that we are going to do a cookie exchange at the holiday party for my moms group, so I will bake for that.  I also bake banana bread that my family will eat on Christmas morning.  It's a tradition in our family.  My grandma used to make it and once she passed away, I took over doing it using her recipe.  It's not quite as good as hers, but it's pretty close.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"