April 2011 Moms

Was told i have anterior placenta

So the ultrasound tech said today that my Placenta is in front and acts like a pillow so i might not be able to feel the baby as well. Anyone else have this? If so do you have issues feeling the baby? I didn't ask too many questions as she wasn't my doctor. I see my OB on the 3rd of Jan and im sure by then ill be feeling something! lol
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image Photobucket image Photobucket

Re: Was told i have anterior placenta

• I have this and I can feel LO, it just isn't constant and he has to get a good kick for me to feel it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also have an anterior placenta. I don't feel the "flutters" and "ripples" other women talk about, but when this little guy kicks I sure do feel it.  I think I felt the first kick at about 17-18 wks and it was only last week @ 20 wks that I'd feel him daily.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have it, and I am just now starting to feel some taps.
  • I have it too.  I JUST started to feel him kick consistently last week (21 weeks). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    | Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • One of my twins has a anterior placenta. It's not a big deal. It just means that your baby will need to be a little bigger and a little stronger before you can feel movement. 

110% normal and absolutely nothing to be worried about. 

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I had that last time, and had no trouble at all feeling the baby (I felt her early, at 12.5 weeks, then for SURE at 16.5 weeks, and regualrly at 18 weeks). She moved a ton throughout the pregnancy, and I felt crazy stuff.

That said, this pregnancy I have a posterior placenta, and the movement is so intense it almost makes me sick. So while anterior placenta didn't mean I couldn't feel much movement, apparently having posterior placenta means I can feel SO MUCH MORE, but it's honestly pretty gross. :/

• I had it with DS, I never had any issues feeling him. My placenta was also very low-lying, so I just felt DS above where my placenta was.
  • I found yesterday too...I actually asked the tech if I had an anterior placenta because I read online that will delay feeling your baby.  The tech responded yes and didn't seem to care much.  I haven't felt the baby at all...Sometimes I think I feel very light movements that i think could be caused by the baby but sometimes I think it is just my head.  From what i read online, it isn't bad at all; you just can't feel the baby as soon.  I forgot to ask the doctor about it this morning though...I wish I had.  Everyone keeps asking me how the baby is doing or if I have felt the baby and then i feel like an idiot being like no I haven't felt it.  Now I guess I have a reason for not feeling the baby.  
  • i do.. i just started feeling 'taps' almost everyday (but only once or twice a day when im sitting still) within the last few days..
  • This is my first pregnancy, so I have nothing to compare it to. I have an anterior placenta as well and I have been feeling little pinches since about 16 weeks. Now at nearly 22 weeks I can feel him all the time. Of course, since this is my first, it's possible that it's lighter than what everyone else is feeling but it is definitely him and DH can feel him from the outside most of the time. 
  • I have this and was told basically the same thing.  That because of the position of my placenta I might not feel the baby as much.  I can feel her but its not consistant.  She also told me it might be longer for DH to feel baby
  • I have this as well. I'm at 19 weeks, close to 20, and I haven't really felt anything yet. There's been a few times where I think I feel something, then I sit really still and focus on my belly, trying to feel something again, but I never feel anything else afterwards. So I'm not sure if it's the baby I'm feeling, or something else (or maybe it's all in my head!)
  • Yep - just found this out today, too. I figure that's why it took so long to feel movement.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Add me to the list! Doctor said I won't feel him for probably another few weeks. I feel taps here and there but nothing consistent and definitely not every day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • One of my twins has an anterior placenta.  I still haven't felt anything that I can definitively say is a baby moving.  Hopefully within the next few weeks!
  • I have it too. You'll start to feel more and more. My doctor said that in about 3 or 4 weeks, it won't be an issue at all.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I have anterior placenta too and I didn't feel any of the flutters or anything.  I started feeling baby at 20 1/2 weeks and have felt her every day since then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I also have this!  Eventually you will feel flutters :)  Mine took awhile, but I now feel them lower and on the sides often.
  • Mine is anterior, but high up, so I can feel it when it's really low, or on the sides, or right up at the top.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"