May 2011 Moms
Options

Another chiropractor question...

I'm having pretty intense back pain near my tailbone and lower hip area (especially when I walk around) and I'm pretty sure it's related to this pregnancy.

I'd love to start seeing a chiropractor.  Of those of you PG and who see a chiropractor, do any of you experience back pain similar to this and do you think a chiropractor could even help with this?

Hope to crowdsource a bit before I decide whether to make a call to a chiropractor's office...  Thanks so much!

Re: Another chiropractor question...

• Options
    I have pre-existing back/tailbone injuries, but with being pg they're worse. Fianc? is in school to be an RMT, so he massages me, and ohhhh maaannnn does it help!!! I'm not sure for chiro but massage sure does!
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    i have a lot of pain in my hips and lower back as well. the chiro really seems to help. Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes, a chiro should definitely be able to help with the pains you mentioned! 

Make sure to get a recommendation from a friend or family member of a good chiropractor though, just don't pick a random one out of the phone book or off the internet. 

• Options
    I'm a chiropractor. It's not possible to say whether your specific issue can be helped by chiropractic without a more thorough history and an exam, but given the brief description of your symptoms, it's the sort of thing we work with regularly. I recommend working with a Webster technique certified chiropractor. It's a technique that's designed specifically for pregnant women. All chiropractors learn the technique in school, but it seems to me that the chiropractors who go to the trouble to get certified really enjoy working with pregnant patients and have a good understanding of their specific needs. The ICPA administers the certification exam and has a search feature where you can find a chiropractor in your area who performs the technique. Here's the link if you're interested. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    I have an appointment scheduled tomorrow with a chiropractor due to a lot of lower back pain and what seems to be a pinched nerve.  I get a fun sharp pain every once in a while depending on how I am walking or moving.  I figure it will only get worse as the pregnancy progresses, so I might as well see if they can do anything.
  • Options
    I see a chiro and he's been able to help me with my back and hip issues.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I definitely think a chiropractor would help. I love my chiropractor going helps my back pain go away for awhile
  • Options
    I love the Chiro and I think it's one of the best things anyone can do to their bodies esp. pregnant.
  • Options
    I was in a car wreck in high school and have had back problems since then.  I have to go to my chiropractor every month because my back went out over the summer and they are worried it will go out again if I don't.    My doctor told me it was safe just to let him know that I am pregnant.  He does things a little differenly now but it always makes my pain better - it has been worse since the beginning of the pregnancy just because I now sleep on my side.
    Photobucket
  • Options

I haven't seen a chiropractor since I moved 2.5 years ago because I don't trust just anyone to crack my back and neck. However, I saw a chiropractor regularly before I moved. I can testify that they can do wonders! I was hit by a drunk driver a number of years ago and had bad headaches for years, my chiropractor discovered the reason was because my neck had been thrown out and he was able to fix the curve and my headaches went away. I also have very large breasts and with regular adjustments my lower back pain was almost gone. I can honestly say that going back to see him is one of the things I am looking forward to most about going home!

I definitely think a chiropractor could help you with your back and hip pain. I have a pinched nerve in my hip and again, adjustments worked wonders. I could feel the difference in walking after each adjustment. At the very least it wouldn't hurt to get a consult. They will take x-rays and check everything out and go over a treatment plan with you and what they expect to accomplish.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'd say it's worth a shot. So is massage, and if you haven't, consider taking up prenatal yoga.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"