Two Under 2

? about baby jogger city mini and other double strollers

I have noticed that a lot of people seem to be going with this double stroller, and i just wondered if you all could share the reasons why you like this stroller and also why you would chose the side by side seats versus the front to back tandem style seats? I was looking at the kolcraft contours tandem stroller, but i am worried about size and bulky-ness plus the folding ability. Can anyone reccomend which strollers they like and why? thanks in advance!!

Re: ? about baby jogger city mini and other double strollers

• I have the city mini single and love how easy it is to push/manuever. Also, it folds like a dream with one hand. I just ordered the double yesterday (i'm 8 wks pg). I have heard that the side by side are easier to push than tandem. Also, the BJ isn't so wide so it should fit through most doors.

My friend also has the BJCM double for her 2 nieces and she loves it. I looked at the Koldcraft contours, but the reviews weren't all that great, you have to remove a seat before folding it. It seemed bulkier and harder to push, etc.

I would have loved the city select, but couldn't justify spending $600+ once you add in the 2nd seat, carseat adapter etc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the bjcmd and really like it. I needed something that was light weight and I could easily lift in and out of my suv. I also wanted something that I could fold/unfold quickly. I can steer it with one hand, the ride is smooth, and it handles really well. I decided that I wanted a side by side because I thought it would work best for ds#1. He still needed to be strapped into a stroller at times (so he wouldn't run around) so a sit and stand wouldn't have been ideal at that point. He also has always liked looking forward (we have a bugaboo and he always wanted to face front in it) so I wanted a stroller in which both boys could face forward and see everything. The only accessory I bought for it was the parent console (cup holders, etc).

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • VERY light compared to most other doubles, you don't actually NEED any of the accessories, but there are quite a few options. 

What I don't like is the fact that my 2.5 year old mostly wants to walk, so it doesn't get used as often as I'd wish!

• Lightweight and one handed fold. I have the BJ City Elite single and I really like it but it is heavy as a single so I could only imagine how heavy a full size jogger double would be. Plus it's a lot more affordable for good quality.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"