Stay at Home Moms

Potty training tips?

DS just turn 3 on Nov. 18th...

we've been trying to get him to use it the past 6 months and he's barely getting the hang off it.....any tips out there that could help

we recently taken him off pull-ups during the day except for nap & bedtime...during the time he's awake he has underwear

we've also cut down on the liquids before bed too

Married 04.23.07
Hayden born 11.18.07
BCP - March 08' -Feb. 09, Aug. 09' - Nov. 09'
TTC #2 since Dec 09'
10mgProvera :: 50mgClomid :: 75mg Gonal :: 112mg Gonal :: Ovidrel(trigger) :: Femara 2.5 mg
TTC Blog
23jpxmt<a href="http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv228/adburgett23/?action=view

Re: Potty training tips?

• does he like stickers?

I made a nice potty reward sticker chart that gets taped on the bathroom door. she gets a sticker each time she goes potty. Five stickers = a special gift. (coloring book, stickers, doll etc)

we had some regression after the new baby came- but for the most part- the above works really well in this house.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Wine.  Lots of it.  For you of course.
    SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
  • Loading the player...
  • imagealmostjennifer:
    Wine.  Lots of it.  For you of course.

Oh trust me there have been days that I needed some

Married 04.23.07
    Hayden born 11.18.07
    TTC #2 since Dec 09'
    10mgProvera :: 50mgClomid :: 75mg Gonal :: 112mg Gonal :: Ovidrel(trigger) :: Femara 2.5 mg
    TTC Blog
    23jpxmt<a href="http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv228/adburgett23/?action=view
  • imagealmostjennifer:
    Wine.  Lots of it.  For you of course.

Oh trust me there have been days that I needed some

Married 04.23.07
    Hayden born 11.18.07
    TTC #2 since Dec 09'
    TTC Blog
  • Sounds like you're doing all the right things.  Don't put him back in pull-ups except sleep times, no matter what.  What helped DD is seeing her friends doing it, so she was interested, and some really good rewards for actually doing it.

Our rewards:

Dora/Princess undies instead of plain ones when she went successfully

M&Ms for pee, chocolate easter egg for poop

But really, whatever your DS is into should work.  Just make it really good!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Right now mine is in underwear at home, pull-ups if we go anywhere, and I am trying to limit our time spent outside the home (we don't need to waste the gas or spend money anyways!!) I stop letting him drink stuff late at night and he always wakes up dry. 

He is doing pretty well with peeing, but I CANNOT get him to poop in the potty.  At all.  I have no idea what to do about it.  

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Are you putting him on the potty or just waiting for him to tell you? It took DS way after I considered him potty trained to tell me that he had to go. Although I did it when he was just under 2.5. So I was on a schedule of putting him on the potty every 30 mins the first day, 45 mins the second, an hour the third and so on. He would get a reward for getting on the potty and a bigger one for actually doing something.  I would sing and dance around when he pee'd in there too. Then after a few days he would try to go every time he was on there. After a week, he was able to hold it between for several hours but I'd still put him up there every 2 - 3 hours no matter what and we had very few accidents. Then eventually he started telling me when he had to go. Oh and poop was a different story. I'd have to see him start going and then rush him to the potty...eventually he was able to hold it enough to tell me he had to go. For us, it was not a 3 day process like we heard but it was not as hard as I expected. He still wears diapers at night and we'll do that until we are sure he will wake up everyday dry. Night time is different than daytime potty training. Night time can not be trained, it will just happen. 
  • Everyone I have spoken to has said that when kids are ready, they'll do it.

I have been trying unsuccessfully for the past few months and DD wants nothing to do with it! I have charts/gummy worms/sticker/DVDs etc.. and nada! We went shopping for new potty, undewear and more or less she says or shall I say screams NO!

Good luck!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"