Adoption

Hmpf!

***Note: Our SW's # shows up as Unknown on caller ID.

Everytime the phone rings I jump up to see who it is because I'm waiting to see Unknown flash across the caller ID.  When an Unknown call comes in I grab it hoping it's the call that will bring another child into our home. 

For the past week I've been picking up every Unknown call thinking it could be our SW and just now it finally was!!!!!

BUT...

She needed to know our taxable income from last year.

Re: Hmpf!

• I know the feeling - except I have the number memorized for our agency AND DFPS (since we're foster/adopt parents). DFPS actually called yesterday and I got excited yet sad knowing that they would be calling because my boys might have a sibling. BUT alas, I forgot I had called their former CW last week and she was just calling me back!
  • Ack! Don't tell me this... this will be the story of my life as soon as we are approved until we get a placement! I'm already anxious...I can't imagine knowing we could get the call any minute!

Actually, I secretly hope that they might call even before the state finalizes the license because they did say that should they need to place in a home, as long as they've received the criminal report they CAN with court approval...they really should've never told me that.  

• Loading the player...
  • The day you don't jump will be The Call.

I was in a useless meeting and didn't answer my phone or e-mail when our SW called about DD.

• Heh...I think we ALL know that feeling! Good luck and I hope it is THE phone call quick!
    Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
  • The story of my life for the past 10 months.  Sucks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"