March 2011 Moms

Bottle Question

This may be a stupid question, but here goes:

When you buy a baby bottle does it come with the slow-flow nipple, or do I need to register for that separately?  I tried looking at the descriptions of the bottles I've registered for, but none of them mention anything about the nipple.

"Discovery consists of looking at the same thing as everyone else and thinking something different" ~Roger von Oech

Re: Bottle Question

• It's not a stupid question!  I'm registered for the Born Free Glass bottles and I believe they come with the level 2 nipples, not the slow flow.  I registered for those separately.  I would maybe register for a few just to be safe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Depends - I registered for the Dr. Browns Starter Kit which comes with bottles, nipples, brush, etc.  The additional bottles I registered for, I also registered for nipples to go with.
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • The tall bottles come with the fast flow nipples (at least the ones I registered for) and I think the little bottles were slow or medium flow I can't remember. I just registered for slow flow nipples by themselves, that way I can change them out if I need to.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageTwinkz:
    Depends - I registered for the Dr. Browns Starter Kit which comes with bottles, nipples, brush, etc.? The additional bottles I registered for, I also registered for nipples to go with.

This!?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Depends on the bottle and the company I believe, but if I remember correctly...if you buy the little bottles (4 oz) they come with the slow flow because they assume you will be using them for a newborn or a little baby. The bigger 8 oz bottles came with a medium flow nipple because you probably aren't going to be giving your new baby an 8 oz bottle.

I found it was easiest to go into the store to see the different bottles before registering.

Tip: A lot of the "gift set" starter kits come with new baby in mind so typically you get the smallest size of bottles and nipples included.

• I have only used Dr. Browns and they come with Level 1, which is the slow flow.

We nursed, so we only used slow flow on the recs from my LC.  Just an FYI :)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just bought some Playtex Ventaire and they came with Slow flow.

(By the way, bottles are on sale at Target this week Smile)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our Born Free came with level 1 nipples (slow flow).  I just checked their website, and confirmed that they do come with level 1.  We ended up getting the variable flow (level 1,2,3 in one nipple) because DS had reflux and we had to thicken his bottles with rice cereal and needed to be able to adjust the flow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"