What the heck is going on? RE: Staining! — The Bump
Cloth Diapering

What the heck is going on? RE: Staining!

For 3 months I've been washing our dipes and had NO stains.  Then in the last week or so, more and more are coming out of the wash with light stains.  Here is my wash routine:

double cold rinse in highest amount of water

add tide powder, hot wash,

another double cold rinse, highest amount of water

I've been adding a little less detergent because I felt like I was adding too much and worried about build up.  Could this be the reason?  If you think it is, should I go back to more detergent and deal with build up if it happens?

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!

Re: What the heck is going on? RE: Staining!

• Could you sun the diapers to get the stains out?  I think I would rather have stains than end up with build up.  Then you might be looking at long stripping processes and diaper rash from the build up.
    DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • image VABride2008:
    Could you sun the diapers to get the stains out?  I think I would rather have stains than end up with build up.  Then you might be looking at long stripping processes and diaper rash from the build up.

they are currently sunning.  I'm just not thrilled about adding an extra step into the mix.  But, I agree with you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards