advent calendar fillers? — The Bump
Atlanta Babies

advent calendar fillers?

So i finally broke down and got one of these super cute (imo) advent "calendars" from Khols.  It's a train, 3 cars long.  My problem is...the friggin boxes are so small!  What do I put in them?  I don't even think that one hershey kiss will fit in some of them (they are different sizes).  I'm contemplating returning it.  What do you fill your advent calendar with?  TIA!

Re: advent calendar fillers?

• I bought mine from Kohls too! I bought the gingerbread house one! I don't put "treats" in mine, we do activities and I just put slips of paper in each door saying what we're going to do that day. You can use candy treats or little trinket gifts (small car, stickers, bubbles, etc). Obviously those won't fit inside the doors but maybe you can place a slip of paper that tells the child where they can find the gift (like a scavenger type of thing). HTH!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought the gingerbread house one too! I was thinking the same thing, what the heck is gonna fit in there! I noticed party city has that party favor aisle that has some small stuff so I was going to go check that out to see if I saw some little things. I like the paper idea and activitity thing too, that's a good idea.
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought the gingerbread house one too.  I bought some Cars and Toy Story stickers and cut them individually.  I also plan to put a single M&M in some and may hit party city for some small erasers or something.  I think putting in an activity is a really cool idea.
  • Silly bandz, stickers, chocolate gold coins, little barretts, little jingle bells, fake ring, tootsie rolls, a pair of christmas socks, etc.  All of our doors are different sizes but I'm always surprised at how much I can fit in some of the smallest ones.  Like day 1 is the smallest door, but they are kind of deep.  I could fit 2 small chocolate coins and 6 silly bandz. 
  • imageK&P414:
    Silly bandz, stickers, chocolate gold coins, little barretts, little jingle bells, fake ring, tootsie rolls, a pair of christmas socks, etc.  All of our doors are different sizes but I'm always surprised at how much I can fit in some of the smallest ones.  Like day 1 is the smallest door, but they are kind of deep.  I could fit 2 small chocolate coins and 6 silly bandz. 

All great ideas!! - thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards