LGBT Parenting
Options

California Cryobank

is going up in price again!! Last year they went up $50.00 a vial just before the New Year and I just got the email that they are going up another $50.00 a vial beginning Jan 1st!!  Now a single vial is $585!! It was $485 when we started this process 13 months ago!  What to do, what to do.. if I do get knocked up this cycle, we will have to suck it up and buy more (for siblings) but if I get a BFN next week... do we switch?!  ugg... is this happening to other banks? anyone have bank suggestions? We looked at Fairfax but seemed like there was a lot less to go off of before you had to buy a profile and it seemed like, because of this, it would cost more money in the long run to find the perfect donor.  CCB offers a lot of info for free... Maybe I just answered my question but still... argh.

:(

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: California Cryobank

• Options
    Ours went up last year but i don't remember how much. We pay 560 for a washed vial of identity release at Sperm Bank of California. If you want more info let me know. =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes! I got the e-mail today, too! Damn, you, CCB!

I'm glad they are expanding their services and trying to secure more donors, but don't current clients deserve to be grandfathered in or something?! I know, that would be a bookkeeping nightmare.

It's just that it's expensive enough as it is. CCB is the lowest-priced bank my clinic *regularly works with. Sad

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yeah... we looked into others tonight but for some reason... always go back to CCB.. Damn, you is right!!

On a much better note.. How are you doing, cycle buddy? Big Smile  I have been meaning to message you.  Feeling positive?  feeling anything?? (I'm not - argh. But I am trying not to look into anything or I might have a million 'symptoms' by now - HA!) Heading into the home stretch! 7 dpo, here we come! 

• Options

I'm 5dpiui, so it's a tad early for me to tell. I was really analyzing every feeling during the first cycle. I wanted to be able to say, "I knew I was pregnant when..."

Now, I'm trying to ignore everything! I'll know I'm pregnant when I get a +HPT or BFP. Stick out tongue

I'm a full-time college student, and I work full time, so I have a lot to keep myself occupied with during the 2ww.

But, when K looks at me the way she does, I melt, and hope this time is the time. 

How's it going for you? 

I probably won't check back until Friday, for Weekend Plans, since I'm trying to ignore the wait!

• Options
    I found *one possible donor at Xytex, and they run less than CCB will after the rate hike... but our CCB donor has confirmed pregnancies and the Xytex man does not. Hmmm...
  • Options

We used xytex and were very happy with them.  I liked the option of buying the unlimited acess for a flat fee.  It made the process so much easier.  We were able to see the baby and adult pictures plus the full profiles of all the donors in real time.  I didn't have to make a list and then go request more info.  We bought our donors photo span when we chose him so we got a slide show of pictures of him from infancy through adulthood (about 6 photos total).  We were very happy with the customer service.  I can't remember what a vial cost but it was comprable to the other banks. 

• Options
    oh and when we confirmed E's birth we got a folder with his profile printed out, a copy of his infant and adult pictures, and a copy of his personality testing which was very interesting to read.
  • Options

Thanks for the info, ssg73!  Your daughter is absolutely beautiful, by the way!  I have never heard of them, we will have to check it out tonight. 

Thank you, msjcordova for your offer to give me more info on Sperm Bank of California.  It is nice to know there are other options!

• Options
    imagejeannkerricotober09:

Thanks for the info, ssg73!  Your daughter is absolutely beautiful, by the way!  I have never heard of them, we will have to check it out tonight. 

Thank you, msjcordova for your offer to give me more info on Sperm Bank of California.  It is nice to know there are other options!

we used New England Cryogenic Center (here in MA).  It was nice that there were close (so we could pick up right before IUI) and I was happy with the customer service whenever I called them.  Always very nice and and helpful!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"