Breastfeeding
Options

Pumping and air travel - help!

EP'ers I have two upcoming trips and despite my best efforts, DS is refusing to breastfeed most of the time, which means I can't rely on him to drain my breasts when we are traveling.  How/where do you pump when you travel.  We are flying to Hawaii from California and then Paris from California.  I am guessing the bathrooms in the airport and plane are my only option.  Somehow this gives me tremendous anxiety and I am thinking of quitting BF alltogether for our travels.  Any advice would be much appreciated.

Re: Pumping and air travel - help!

• Options
    I've been pumping in airports for the past 2 months. I travel one week per month for work. It's really not that bad. I do pump in the bathrooms (sometimes I'm lucky and I find a family bathroom so I can be alone) but I throw out the milk. Some people I know keep it, I personally decide to throw it out. I pump about 20 minutes before boarding the plane. I can go 4-5 hours before having to pump again. So then I'll either pump in my destination airport or in the hotel. So far I've avoided having to pump in the bathroom on the plane. Then I just wash it up really good when I get to the hotel before pumping any milk I may decide to save and feed to LO.
  • Options
    i havent flown personally, but i have know others who pump in there sit (used a single pump or their double on single pump mode) with a large zip up sweater and a nursing cover. - they did one at a time to be a little more covered, and just put the pump in a cloth case or zipped up the front to help "muffle" the noise. - Oh and they had all family in their row so that helped.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I pumped in the handicapped stall. It wasn't as bad as it sounds. I put my pump in an old back pack and put that on top of a few toilet seat covers on the floor. I stood and leaned against the wall while pumping.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"