TTC After a Loss
Options

Are you kidding me? & intro

I was waiting to introduce myself until DH & I were actually allowed to TTC, but I realized that I need to talk to someone who knows what it feels like.

Will start with a sucky story and then introductions.

I'm an RN and I had to work at the hospital this Thanksgiving. I was already upset that I wouldn't be able to spend time with my family on the first holiday after my grandpa & DH's grandma dying & our m/c.  I get to work, and my co-worker is drinking ginger tea, and I say to myself, She's probably freaking pregnant. Turns out, I am right she told me that she is after having a big argument with her boyfriend over texts. She proceeds to inform me NUMEROUS times that she just isn't ready to be a mommy. I decide to tell her about my m/c, because I think that this will make her shut the hell up. NOPE! Continues to repeatedly tell me she isn't ready and even that she considered an abortion, until her BF told her that he would kick her out of his house if she considered it. Add onto that last night, I got into a huge fight with DH because after 3 weeks, I haven't "picked up and moved on" and today I start my day off by reading this post on Facebook:

"Hello facebook!!!! Before the pounds start coming and clothes don't fit anymore ....I have a special announcement to make! BABY ON BOARD!!!! We're having a baby:) I am a little over 6 weeks and due July 22nd. We're very excited. He or she is going to be the biggest bundle of joy!!!!!"

All that being said time for intro:

Found out we were pregnant 10-6 and even though we weren't actively trying (we did the not trying NOT to get pregnant thing) we were both VERY excited. All was going well until my 1st appointment at 7&1/2 weeks (11-1) when the Dr. said either we weren't as far along as we had thought or it wasn't a "normal pregnancy." That Sunday, I was in the most pain I had ever experienced and went in for another US on Monday, which Dr. confirmed I would have a m/c. He told me that it may take up to 3 weeks, so I decided after calling off for 2 days to go to work, Went to work next day and M/Ced while I was there. This all happened the week that I was planning my sister's baby shower (she is now 34 weeks). HCG levels were at 20 on 11-18, so Dr. said it was complete with no more blood draws needed. And I've been instructed to wait 2 cycles before TTC. So here's hoping AF comes soon. Thanks for reading all this, I know it's REALLY long...

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
BFP 10-6 EDD 6-17-10 Natural M/C 11-9
BFP #2 1-11-11 EDD 9-15-11 changed to 9-23011 after first US
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Are you kidding me? & intro

• Options
    welcome!  I'm so sorry for all you've been through lately.  I hope you find all the support and comfort you need here and I hope you only to stay here a short time :-)
  • Options

I am so sorry for the co-irker!! If she continues, i'd just tell her the flat out truth. Listen b!tch. I'd give anything to be pregnant right now, so hearing about how you are not ready is killing me. You need to stop. Stick out tongue

Welcome to the board. I am sorry for your loss.

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome to the board.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I'm really sorry you had to go through all those crappy situations and that your co-worker is so insensitive.  And no matter what anyone else says, you aren't expected to get over this so quickly and move on, so take all the time you need.  I hope you are able to find support and comfort here.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP1: 8/20/10, spotting 8/23 at 5 wks, MTX shots 9/17 and 9/28
    BFP2: 2/12/11 Grow baby grow!
  • Options
    Co-irkers are the worst! So sorry for your loss. Welcome!
    Baby Blog
    BFP#1 5.27.10 DS became an angel at 21 weeks on 9.22.10
    BFP#2 4.16.11 Healthy baby girl born 12.14.11
    BFP#3 9.3.12 A healthy, bouncing baby SISTER on the way! EDD 5.12.13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Ditto Cashew on slapping the co-irker into shape real fast.  Since you were honest about you loss just remind her how hurtful it is for you to hear her have so much doubt when you'd give anything to be pregnant now.

Welcome to the board.  There ladies on here who aren't TTC yet so I wouldn't worry about feeling like you're not able to post here yet.  While I hope your stay here is short and sweet, in the meantime you'll find lots of information and support here.

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Options
    Welcome!  I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.  And I will say that DH and I have also gotten into arguments about me "not being over it."  I think it's just a lot easier for them to deal with that for us.  And that's why we have this board :)
    imageimage
    M/C #1 2001 (6w1d); M/C #2: 10/02/10 (4w4d); M/C #3 05/26/11 (4w3d) Clomid BFP #4 7/18/11 @ 9DPO Please baby stick! Beta #1 (11DPO)=51; Beta #2 (13DPO)=170; Beta #3 (19DPO)=2659!! EDD: 03/31/12
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss and for everything you've been through the last few weeks. Please allow yourself time to grieve. There's no reason why you should have "moved on" after a few short weeks. And your coirker deserves a serious face punch. How stupid can you be?! As for your FB friend, I don't understand how you can announce your pregnancy on FB at 6 weeks. That's really early. She's still got about a 25% chance of miscarrying at that point. Anyway, this is a great board and I hope you find a lot of support here. ((Hugs))
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP 1: 3/19/10 Loss: 7/9/10
    BFP 2: 12/28/10
    My Blog: Losing Sylvia
  • Options

Thanks everyone! Means a lot to have someone to talk to.

Co-worker and facebook post were the same person. Which is why I was so mad to see her post how "excited" she is. 

BFP 10-6 EDD 6-17-10 Natural M/C 11-9
    BFP #2 1-11-11 EDD 9-15-11 changed to 9-23011 after first US
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageCashewsMommy:

I am so sorry for the co-irker!! If she continues, i'd just tell her the flat out truth. Listen b!tch. I'd give anything to be pregnant right now, so hearing about how you are not ready is killing me. You need to stop. Stick out tongue

Welcome to the board. I am sorry for your loss.

This! (about telling off your co-irker; I can't bold because I'm on my iPod). I'm so sorry about your loss and everything you've been through. I hope af comes sooner rather than later for you. I had to wait 2 cycles too, and as hard as the mc was and how it felt like forever, the time did pass quickly for me. This is my first cycle ttc after my mc. I hope it does for you as well. :::hugs:::
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through all of this!  I teared up for you reading about the co-worker, FB messages, and baby shower.  I've had a few of those kinds of situations since finding out my baby was gone and it makes it so much harder to function.  I'm not TTC yet either since I just had my D&C a week ago, but I've already found it really comforting to hang around here with ladies that get it.  We're all here for you.  Hopefully your stay on this board is short and sweet! 
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options

Welcome to the board... so sorry for your loss and all you have been going through as of late.  The women on this board are amazing and will become family to you soon. 

BFP #1 04/05/10 EDD 12/11/10 Missed M/C 7w found out at 12w5d You're so missed LO BFP #2 11/27/10 EDD 08/07/11.. Diagnosed with IC 03/17/11 Cerclage put in place 03/21/11 Madilynn Mae born 7/26/11
  • Options

*hugs*  I'm sorry about the co-irker.  Want me to punch her?

I'm sorry you have to join the board, but you're sure in the right place.

• Options

First, Welcome to TTCAL.

second Indifferent@ your co-worker continuing to tell you about that after you informed her of your loss. people really do get absent minded and self obsessed.

third, I'm so, so sorry your DH feels after 3 weeks you should be fine. Its not that simply, it's not that easy and I wish people could understand that.

Hi, I'm Amanda :)

Remembering Evelyn and raising Bailey
    Evelyn Born at 24wks 6days on May 22, 2010 due to pre-e Passed away May 25, 2010

BFP# 2 Delivered 6wks early due to preeclampsia
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Photobucket

• Options
    Welcome and I am so sorry for your loss.
  • Options

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Your co-irker sounds like a real peach and I would take Cashew's advice for setting her straight pronto.  I really hope that your stay here on the board is short and sweet!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Welcome to the board. So sorry for your loss. Sorry you have to deal with such an annoying coworker who doesn't know when to shut up.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss and the sucky interactions you have been having at work and on FB. Welcome to the board!
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss and all you've had to put up with lately.  Hello and welcome, hopefully your TTA time goes quickly.
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. Welcome and I hope you find the support you're looking for here.
    Natural MCs 2/4/09, 8/22/09 & 4/7/10
    Dx with Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome (APS)
    BFP #4 5/14/12
    5/17/12...1st Betas- 176, P4 3.6
    5/22/12...2nd Betas- 207, P4 6.1 (MC confirmed)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"