Cincinnati Babies

need gift ideas for my brother

So our family does gift exchange every year and this year I got my brother and I have no idea what to get him...

He is 26 years old, lives in Dallas, TX and is an engineer for Turner Construction. He is in the process of buying his first home. His hobbies are fitness (he is a triathalon trainer and has completed many Ironman competitions, marathons, triathalons, etc.), healthy cooking and music (he likes classic rock and fun local stuff).

I would like to spend around $50 or less. I was thinking of getting him something like this for his new home with our last name (my maiden name) spelled out...only concern is that my maiden name is long (12 letters--skyllingstad) so I dont know if they could do one with that many letters. Any suggestions would be appreciated! TIA!

Brown Custom Name Frame with Sepia Alphabet letters, 8x24

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: need gift ideas for my brother

• What about some kind of gift basket with healthy cooking items (e.g. healthy cookbook, differeng seasonings, spices, manly apron, etc.)? If you use a nice basket, he might be able to use it somewhere in the house, too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This sounds really boring, but a Lowe's or Home Depot GC for stuff around the house.  My DH has a book from Home Depot about DIY stuff in the house (plumbing, electrical, drywall, etc).  It's a how-to book for simpler things that come up and need repaired.  I don't remember the actual tital, but it's orange and it's put out by Home Depot.  We actually gave it to my brother as part of his Christmas gift last year after he and his wife bought their first house.
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm pretty sure this is it.
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think I'd do something for the kitchen or around his new house too. Does he like to grill a lot? I think something like this would be cool.

Photo by Melissa Nicole Photography

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"