Breastfeeding

Help! Funugreek and LO Reactions?

I am new to posting but I need help! 

I started fenugreek one week ago due to low supply.  It seems to have boosted my supply some I'm pumping about an oz after she eats and before I was getting 1/4 oz, Unfortunately, I'm thinking it causes more problems for LO.  She has been gassy, her poops more runny, and today her spit up (which is unusually large) smells like acid. 

Could fenugreek be the culprit?  I am also supplementing with formula a few times a day. TIA 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help! Funugreek and LO Reactions?

• Thanks for the info. 

Lo didnt gain any weight her 2nd week.  Her ped. suggested i supplement and pump after every feeding which i did but after a week I was exhausted and not seeing any improvements. 

I went to a lc and was only producing <1 oz from right side and 2 tsp from left.  She suggested the same thing i was already doing.  I bought the fenugreek a couple days later and saw improvements.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I tried Funugreek twice, both times it made both me and my baby extremely gassy (this was the only change to diet) so I stopped using it.  It did increase my supply, but it wasn't worth it to see my baby struggle with the gas so much.  He's much better now that I have stopped.
  • Loading the player...
  • Exactly what PP said. I switched to lactation cookies and DD gas issues disappeared!
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image imageimageimage
  • Thank you so much for posting this!  I started taking MotherLove supplements a few days ago, and my LO has been so gassy for the past couple of days!  I couldn't figure out what was wrong, but now I'm thinking it's the supplements since they have fenugreek in them.  I'm stopping them for now.  Now amount of milk supply in the world is worth what LO is going through right now.  :(  We have a dr. appt tonight, so I'll make sure he's OK, but he's been grunting and pushing and crying so much since yesterday!  Poor little guy.  No more fenugreek for me! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"