Natural Birth

Question About Hospital Birth Class

The hospital I'm delivering at offers one-day birth classes every month. The one in January is a couple of days before I get back to the States. The one in February is 6 days before my due date.

Should I register for the February class and hope LO holds out that long? Will I have any desire to sit through an 8-hour class by then? Or, should I just wing it without the class?

I've been to the hospital many times before, but I've never seen the birthing center and I'm not well-versed on their particular policies.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Question About Hospital Birth Class

• Does your hospital offer virtual tours? DH and I did a virtual tour online just in case we didn't make it to the "tour week" in our childbirth classes. You could always watch the video if possible, just in case you can't get there for the Feb. class. If you've been reading up on everything, you might not need to take the class. We just did because our insurance covers it and we thought it might be helpful. Turns out, it was pretty helpful to me, because it made me realize that you don't need an epidural to have a baby. Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• imageMLS_Becker:
    Does your hospital offer virtual tours? DH and I did a virtual tour online just in case we didn't make it to the "tour week" in our childbirth classes. You could always watch the video if possible, just in case you can't get there for the Feb. class. If you've been reading up on everything, you might not need to take the class. We just did because our insurance covers it and we thought it might be helpful. Turns out, it was pretty helpful to me, because it made me realize that you don't need an epidural to have a baby. Smile

I don't think they'll tell me anything about birth that I haven't already researched to death. The only value is in actually seeing the birth center and L&D. I've been to the hospital before, but never the birthing part of it. I'll look and see if they have a virtual tour.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Call and ask them if, considering your circumstances, you could schedule aninformal tour when you get back.
  • Our hospital does tours at least every two weeks, so you may be able to just schedule a tour.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"