Baby Names
Options

girl name opinions

Hello ladies,

I am a long-time lurker, but I thought I'd get active since I just found out I'm having a baby girl in April. My first daughter's name is Helena Iris. I have a rather long list of names I love, but my husband is picky about names, so most of them are out. So far, the only three that are definitely on the list are: 

Petra (dh suggested, but I am on board with.)

Susanna(h)

Lucinda (dh LOVES Jacinda, and this name was a compromise option)

(I know these aren't everyone's cup of tea, but this is an idea of the style we like)

Middle name will probably be either Marilyn, Mae, or Jane for family. Any opinions and/or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Re: girl name opinions

• Options
    I think Susanna(h) Mae NN Susie or Lucinda Jane NN Lucy would be really cute.
    IAmPregnant Ticker imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm completely in love with the name Lucinda, so that easily gets my vote. And I absolutely love it with Helena Iris (both of which are also on my list). I think I like the way Lucinda Mae sounds the best; Lucy Mae is so sweet on a little girl. Great names!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Susanna and Lucinda the best.
  • Options
    I like Lucille as well, but our last name has a double L (similar to Kimball), so any names with the same sound are out.
  • Options
    LOVE Susanna! 
  • Options
    I LOVE Petra! I know my DH would never go for that name... GL!
  • Options

I really love your taste in names...Helena Iris is beautiful.  Just curious, what's the pronunciation you use for Helena?

Anyway, of your choices I love Lucinda Jane...Lucy is a cute nn, but even the full name is great.  Helena Iris and Lucinda Jane make a gorgeous sibset.

• Options
    I love Lucinda Jane! The name is cute for a little girl and matures well for a woman.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ooh! I like these. They're very quirky and fun, without being totally out of left field.

Petra is so pretty. I've always really liked this name. However, I like Susanna and Lucinda so much more!

Susanna is just so fun and lyrical. It's definitely a personality name (in related news, I've begged and begged DH to put Clemetine on the list. It ended up as MN option. I'm glad YH can appreciate a name without getting hung up on its "Old West" children's song!).

Lucinda is very pretty and haunting. It has an almost gothic vibe (not in a bad way). I love the NN Lucy, too.

I love all of your MN options. I think Susanna Mae is absolutely darling. That gets my vote!

VOTE on my Name List

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My favorite would be Susannah Mae or Susannah Jane :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageritzgrrl:
    I think Susanna(h) Mae NN Susie or Lucinda Jane NN Lucy would be really cute.

This exactly.  Cute names. 

• Options
    I prefer Lucinda (Mae or Jane) or Susannah Jane. I think those two sound better with Helena.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"