TTC After a Loss
Options

Starting TTCAL intro.

It has been over two months since my loss, and DH and I are now finally ready to TTC . It has taken this long for my body to get back to normal. With my first two pregnancies

Re: Starting TTCAL intro.

• Options

Didnt mean to post that yet...

With the two pregnancies Ive had I just did one of those ovulation calculator things on the websites, and it worked fine as to getting  pregnant in a reasonable amount of time. Now Im wanting to start charting, any advice. Im kinda worried it will make me go  Little crazy though, lol. I need to see if my cycle are normal now though, or if they are longer or what. I guess Im going to buy a bbt and start charting on ff. Is there anything else I need starting out? Thank you in advance to everyone!

• Options
    Welcome to the board! I am sorry for your loss. Best of luck to you.

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am so sorry for your loss but welcome to the board.

When you get a chance, check out the TTCAL blog.  It's full of information about the board.

Humphrey - the TTCAL mascotimage
    "I'm not telling you it's gonna be easy. I'm telling you it's gonna be worth it." -Art Williams
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
  • Options
    Thank you both!
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board, and good luck with charting! Some days it does make me feel crazy, but I'm so glad that I know what is going on with my body. Best of luck to you!
    Baby Blog
    BFP#1 5.27.10 DS became an angel at 21 weeks on 9.22.10
    BFP#2 4.16.11 Healthy baby girl born 12.14.11
    BFP#3 9.3.12 A healthy, bouncing baby SISTER on the way! EDD 5.12.13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

As for charting, yes.. all you need is a BBT and FF.

Honestly, charting is really easy! Make sure to set your alarm for the same time every day. My alarm to get up and my alarm to temp are 2 different times.

I enter my temps right on my smartphone every morning so that I don't "forget" it. Some people write it down on a piece of paper and some BBTs have a memory thing. Mine doesn't though.

You might want to pick up TCOYF, it's a great book on charting and has really opened my eyes to what my body does. It was so great to see it actually work the first month. However for me, it hasn't done that since the first month... but hopefully it'll again.

Best of luck to you. And dont be afraid to ask questions here!

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Options
    Welcome & GL!
    image??? Baby Jane born sleeping @ 22.5 weeks ??? MY OWN NUTSHELL -- The Blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome!  Yes, definitely read Taking Charge of your Fertility...it is a great book for learning about charting, your cycles, etc.  It's very informative and a really interesting read.  Good luck!
    imageimage
    M/C #1 2001 (6w1d); M/C #2: 10/02/10 (4w4d); M/C #3 05/26/11 (4w3d) Clomid BFP #4 7/18/11 @ 9DPO Please baby stick! Beta #1 (11DPO)=51; Beta #2 (13DPO)=170; Beta #3 (19DPO)=2659!! EDD: 03/31/12
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss and welcome! 
    5/16/2005: M/C at 7 wks
    5/3/2010: MM/C at 7 wks 6 days
    5/25/2014: CP at 4 wks 3 days

Because of the great "Snow"vember of 2015, my medicated cycle was cancelled.  However, we were blessed with our little rainbow baby due on 8/14/15!  Baby J had other plans and decided to make his grand ole entrance on 7/4/2015!

Surprise!  Our little girl entered this world on 12/8/2016 after her eviction notice was long past due.  Our little turkey baby turned into a snow baby!  

Third times the charm!  BFP on 4/18/2019, EDD: 12/18/2019
    PgAL/PAL welcome
    PAIF/SAIF welcome too!

• Options
    Welcome to the board, but I am sorry you have to be here.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Welcome to the board and I'm sorry for your loss. 

Good luck with charting! I can't offer any tips because I just track my cycles and use OPKs - no temps. 

Married - 09/26/2009 BFP #1 - 01/17/2010 EDD - 09/10/2010 M/C - 02/03/2010 at 8 w 5 d D&C - 02/13/2010 at 10 w 1 d BFP #2 - 07/14/2010 EDD - 03/27/2011 Luke stillborn - 11/11/2010 at 20 w 4 d BFP #3 - 03/16/2011 EDD - 11/27/2011
  • Options
    Welcome! *hugs* I'm sorry for your losses.  I hope your stay here is short and sweet.  Fertility Friend is what most of us use, and they have a lot of great charting courses you can check out.  Click the link in my ticker and it will take you there.
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss, but welcome to the board. I see others answered your questions pretty well, but we're always here if you have more!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP 1: 3/19/10 Loss: 7/9/10
    BFP 2: 12/28/10
    My Blog: Losing Sylvia
  • Options

I'm very sorry for your loss but welcome to the board!  The ladies here are really wonderful and are always here to lend support and answer any questions you might have.

I don't particularly like charting (I gave up last month after about 10 days) but am giving it another go this month.  A lot of ladies here swear by it so I figure it was worth another shot.  All you really need for that is a BBT and an alarm clock.  I'm not sure if you have a smart phone or PDA but you can download apps to keep track of temps.  I'd also recommend signing up for Fertility Friend.

Someone else mentioned picking up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility which has a TON of information.

Some links that I've found helpful along the way in addition to the TTCAL blog are 

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/blogs/shellshockedmama/default.aspx

and 

https://www.peeonastick.com/

Best of luck!

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Options
    Welcome and I am so sorry for your loss. Charting is the best thing to know your body better. Also read TCOYF, it's major info for any woman. I hope you get a lot of support here!
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board! Like PPs, I would highly recommend reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility. If you don't want to read that, though, there are tutorials on FF to help you get the hang of charting.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"