LGBT Parenting
Options

10 things tuesday

What are your 10 things?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: 10 things tuesday

• Options

1) My entire house is in boxes and I cannot find crap!

2) It is cold and rainy here today, I am crossing my fingers for no rain tomorrow. Moving sucks enough without rain!

3) I have to go pick up more boxes before work today because my wife forgot them last night!

4) Because she forgot them we will be staying up after I get home at 11:30 PM to finish packing.

5) Thankfully the only cleaning to do is mopping the floors, cleaning the baseboards, and cleaning the windows....I did the rest this morning.

6) We moved the dryer out to clean behind it and I do not think the hose got hooked up all the way because whenever I run the dryer my house gets relly humid.

7) I should wash my dogs before we move (they really smell) but I have no motivation while Ky is sleeping and cannot get it done while she is awake....

8) The ILs will be here bright and early to help move tomorrow, should be interesting.

9) I noticed that today is all about moving...see where my mind is?

10) I really HATE moving!!! 

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. I was at work until 11:00 last night, I was the last to leave (and I live over and hour from the office)

2. I was in the office by 6:15 this morning, I was the first on in

3. I found the perfect hand-blown ornament for my older sister for Christmas (online) last night...this morning... sometime around midnight! We exchange ornaments each year and the rule is they have to give meaning to what the other person accomplished, went through etc. during the past year - it is surprisingly difficult so I get really excited when I nail it!

4. I am really looking forward to date night tonight

5. K bought me new winter boots last weekend and I have yet to take them off - sooo soft!

6. I thought about '10 things Tuesday' in the shower this morning!

7. I just read the 10 things above me and now I want pizza, but it is breakfast

8. It's 10:11, the mall just opened and I am going to run out and do a little shopping for K (and maybe get a slice :)

9. My workshop ended last night and I am pretty sad about saying goodbye to the teens

10. We are having carpet and house painting (exterior) companies coming on Friday to give us estimates and I am really excited!  (when did I become old?!)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejeannkerricotober09:

I ate the leftovers cold for breakfast Saturday morning Wink

• Options
    image2mommiesinoh:
    imagejeannkerricotober09:

I ate the leftovers cold for breakfast Saturday morning Wink

• Options

I hate my pc....I was trying to write something and it kept posting it before I was done! excuse my multiples....

Where I was going is we ate pizza Friday and I had it cold Saturday am so no harm in pizza for breakfast!

• Options

1.  I had an U/S yesterday to see where we stand.

2.  Four follicles: 2 small on the left side, and 2 on the right.  2.4 and 1.6 aren't bad for CD 13, right?

3.  We trigger tonight at 8 pm, then IUI Thursday morning at 8. 

4.  HOLY SHIITBALLS!

5.   Do you know how long I've waited for this moment?  Yes, I think you do, because you've been "listening" to me whine about it for three years or so :)

6.  Thanks for that :)

7.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up for 1st time luck, but it's truly impossible.

8.   I'm trying to come up with an IUI playlist.  Any contributions?

9.  My niece started shaking her head no when she doesn't want something.  I almost started crying!  Then she did it again and said, "no, no".  OMG so cute!  She's a real person!

10.  I lost my grocery list yesterday, but went shopping anyway, so now I'm trying to remember all the things I forgot :-/

11.  Did I mention I'm going to try and get KTFU on Thursday? Yeah.  I am.

• Options

1. I am home sick today, using my second sick day of 2010. Which officially makes me a slacker by my agency's standards - we have some people who have gone 30 years w/o using a single sick day! 

2. Really hope it's just overactive allergies and I will feel better tomorrow.

3. I'm about 3/4 done with my Christmas shopping. I guess I was excited this year :)

4. I'm so grateful that Jen does such a thorough job with planning and managing our finances. Being able to do things like buy a car and have an actual budget for Christmas would be much harder or not happen at all if I was going it alone.  

5. Little thing that makes me happy: I have cranberry-lime, pomegranate and vanilla seltzer in the fridge right now. Oh I love you seltzer.

6. I need to hunt down the DayQuil I know we have somewhere around here.

7. I should go to the post office and pick up a piece of registered mail that has been there for a week since I am off all day, but I don't really feel like dealing with the parking issues.

8. My friend who moved to West Virginia is coming to DC to spend New Year's Eve with me. I'm so excited to see her and also excited b/c I usually spend NYE alone, since most of our friends have moved and Jen goes to Breckenridge with her family (I don't have enough vacation time to do that right after Christmas, so I don't go). 

9. So many bad/scary things have happened to friends lately that I'm starting to get paranoid that we are next, and started worrying about my family. Not helpful.

10. Wish I felt up to going running. That always cheers me up. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

1 since we had no leftovers from Thanksgiving, Carol made me a turkey so I could have sandwiches. I have 2 a day since Saturday.

2. We are getting a new washer and dryer on Sunday. I can't wait.

3. 23 days until we leave for Minnesota. Yay!

4. Annie is obsessed with our parrot who unfortuantely hates her. She has been bit hard enough to bleed 2x and still finds a way around every barrier to go visit him.

5. We had our big dog to the vet on Friday. We all agreed we are at a keep him comfortable as long as possible stage. It is sad to think of him no longer being around - but he is already 3 years older than the top life expecancy for his breed ( he is an Irish Wolfhound)

6. It is a grey dreary day which makes me want to do nothing all day. Too bad my to do list is longer than my arm

7. Annie doesn't want to eat today. I know it is normal for toddlers but it makes me worry every time she does it. Of course tomorrow she will eat like a horse

8. I have been on a major house cleaning kick. The garbage guys are gonna hate me by friday.

9.Annie has dropped to one nap a day which makes it infinately harder to get stuff done.

10. Annie can now climb into the bathtub on her own. When I am in there she follows me in to climb in and hug her shampoo and body wash. She rocks them and tells them they are nice and she loves them. I swear this girl is really a fish in disguise.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    image2mommiesinoh:

I hate my pc....I was trying to write something and it kept posting it before I was done! excuse my multiples....

Where I was going is we ate pizza Friday and I had it cold Saturday am so no harm in pizza for breakfast!

mmmm...pizza for weekend breakfast - you are not making this easy... I tried to be 'good' and got panera... no matter how hard I try, it is not pizza..

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1.  They are having a flu shot clinic next to my office. Some of those kids can really scream. Wow.

2.  My office is freezing. My hands are like icicles. I've been too busy to go to the cafeteria to get hot tea.

3. The kids allergies are acting back up and they were hacking all night. I was up multiple times doling out water and cough medicine.

4.  After the 3am round, I couldn't fall back asleep and didn't fall back asleep till after 4:30. Zzzzzzzzzzz

5.  I got some good deals on Christmas gifts/holiday cards yesterday on Cyber Monday. I think for the rest of the stuff, I just need to pull the trigger and buy it from Amazon and be done.

6. The Elf on the Shelf starts tonight in our house https://www.elfontheshelf.com/

7.  I booked my ticket to FL to see friends and spend a couple of days at Disney in February. I am so excited!  I have spent 4 nights away from the boys since their birth (1 work related trip) and am needing some rejuvenation.

8. I am hoping that L and I can find a sitter and get away together for at least a night this winter/spring. We've never left them overnight with someone else.

9.  This is where grandparents would come in really handy. We keep saying that we are need to adopt grandparents.

10.   I think we are going to go to Hershey for the day this weekend. The kids are super excited. I hope it isn't too cold. I am worried that we missed that last perfect day (last Sunday) - sunny and not too cold.

Cmyru - Look at Annie's eating over the course of a week - not day to day. Day to day toddlers/preschoolers vary the amount they eat. But they typically make up for it over the course of a week! :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. I pick up my new car tonight after work.

2. I'm really sad to be trading in my truck.  I honestly love that car.  I'm such a car person and that truck and I have had some great times.

3. Once I start driving my new SUV I'm sure I'll get over not having a truck ;-)

4. Jelly Bean might be getting sick.  I really hope not. 1 - because I don't want her sick and 2 - because I don't want to use what precious time off I have on a sick day.

5. I started this TTT over an hour ago.  I guess that's just the way this day is going to go.

6. We're redoing our master bathroom.  There is a thin layer of dust all over the master bedroom. Glad I have another bedroom to stay in.

7. The bathroom will be beautiful when it's completed.

8. Is it lunch time?

9.  My best guy friend and his wife are expecting a baby girl in December.  Their #1 name choice is my favorite name. K vetoed the name for us.  I'm going to be super jealous if they use it (but happy for them of course).

10. I have to go make some important phone calls for work.  I hate talking on the phone.  Better get it over with.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemandykatie:

2.  Four follicles: 2 small on the left side, and 2 on the right.  2.4 and 1.6 aren't bad for CD 13, right?

I think you mean 16 and 24, right? And yes, the 24 would be right where you want it to be for triggering.  

Good luck! I'm seriously really excited for you.  I think you've been talking about this forever :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1. I love that this board has picked up, but sad that work picked up at the same time so I can't keep up with all the goings on on here.
    2. PEANUT IS CRAWLING! She crawled for the first time on Thanksgiving, and we were both home to see it-- yay!
    3. OMG we have TWO mobile babies!
    4. It is SO time to get serious about babyproofing.
    5. We love the new-to-us minivan we bought right after the kiddos were born, but it gets really crappy gas mileage (19 mpg for a 2007 Honda Odyssey with "eco drive"-- that's gotta be wrong, right?).
    6. I can't believe it is almost December. Where in the world did this year go?!
    7. The kiddos have been trading off having rough nights-- night before last J was up all night, last night it was D. They seem like they're not feeling well, but we can't quite tell what's wrong.
    8. We have an evening wedding to go to in a week and I have nothing to wear. We do have a babysitter lined up, though.
    9. Our friends' wedding will be our first evening out alone since the babies were born. Strange.
    10. I'd better go grab lunch so I have time to pump before my next meeting.
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options

1. It was in the 30's this morning and the high is in the 60's today, not cold for other people but it's getting chilly for us!  The wind makes it that much colder too.

2. I piled more of DW's folded clothes into the crib last night (she hadn't put her clothes away from last weeks TTT) and I noticed the metal base that holds the mattress up was starting to bow so I mentioned again that she needs to make time to put her clothes away.  She finally put her clothes away after months of me asking!  The crib was completely full of clothes that were folded and waiting to be put away.  I don't think a crib is meant to hold that much weight.

3. I am thinking of switching over to cloth for my *ahem* lady days.

4. We are starting to save for a farm and I can't get farm life off my mind.

5. As great as the public school is where our DD goes to school, I can't help but wonder if I could teach her more by homeschooling her.

6. I am officially a tree hugger.

7. DD is going to be excited for dinner tonight; pigs in a blanket with green beans and tater tots.

8. I want a farm big enough to need farmhands.

9. And a tractor.

10. I feel like a kid when I talk about our someday farm.

• Options

1) I have a coo-ing, grunting, wiggling, wide-eyed newborn in my lap right now.

2) She's still a peanut (6 lbs) but doing great according to the pedi (and mommies!)

3) she sleeps better than my 12 month old.

4) LOVE having 3 kids. love love.

5) I cant even begin to describe what a different place i am in mentally and emotionally today than i was just a week ago.

6) life changes on a dime

7) Still waiting to hear how long she'll be with us.

8) but for now, i'm soaking up every minute.

9) Cant wait until she big enough to leave the house adn i can show her off.

10) good luck Mandy!!!

• Options

1. This is my first TTT!

2. I want to startt TTC so bad, I keep trying to think of ways around dealing with all of the things we really do need to do first.  There is no way we could afford daycare here on our current jobs, and our apartment isn't a good place to have a baby.

3. My client has a 2 week old, and my other client let me play with her 4 month old last night, and it doesn't help #2 at all.

4. Ditto on spending Thanksgiving weekend with my nephews.

5. I want to have a baby before my sister has another one, but I think they're going to start TTC before us.

6.  I'm so jealous of straight couples and their free sperm.  :)

7. My MIL is coming to visit to do fun holiday NY in two weeks.  Somehow our apartment needs to be clean enough for this.

8. I have delayed started law school applications long enough that I think I am waiting another year...

9. I haven't done any xmas shopping yet.

10. Recent experiences with clients and people whose blogs I read (from this board and otherwise) have made me think a lot about how I can direct my career towards child welfare reform. 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options

1. Pandora is delicious! I love this baby so much already. I wish you could see her beautiful blue eyes, heaven!

2. I am so incredibly hurt that so many friends and family members have ignored our adoption. We waited a long time for that day and celebrated all of their good news/babies while we waited in fear for our turn... it really hurts. Cue the tears.

3. I have manged to check email and post this but not eat or drink anything yet today. Good to see my priorities are in order, LOL!

4. TPR next week for LMC's bio parents, finally!

5. I'm not loving LMC's preschool, we may pull her out. What a pain.

6. I really am hungry, I should type faster :-)

7. Despite the cold PBS insists on stripping multiple times a day. I cannot keep clothes or socks on this child!

8. I am seriously considering bowing out of family Thanksgiving next year. It would be the first time in my entire life I haven't been there but I think it's time to host our own. I want it my way :-)

9. I really want to try a K'tan but can't think of a way to convince DW we need to spend money on a carrier right now. My ring sling and Pandora are not getting along right now.

10. Three kids is fun. I thought it would be really chaotic but it's not bad. There are moments of chaos but they are, thankfully, brief. I feel so blessed to mommy these gorgeous girls. LOVE THEM!

• Options

1.  My wife is took off work today to do homework.  It is the end of the semester and we are both swamped.  I am loving being back in school though and am going to make Dean's list this term (first time ever).

2.  We are really wishing our financial situation would speed up already so we can start TTC.   Come on February!!!

3.  We are going to Florida for a week with my inlaws after XMAS.  Would much rather be TTC in January then spending a week with my FIL.

4.  Florida will be fun anyway.  I am taking the wife to my old stompin' grounds and visiting some friends from college.

5.  Stupid post op complication mean I now pretty much have to drink G2 all the time now if I wanna go to the gym.

6.  Finally unpacked the "nook" in our room and it is now an office instead of storage.

7.  Wife and I decorated outside of our place for the first time.  We do not have a ladder high enough to reach the top of our porch.  Did you know that a ladder can "safely" stand on top of a rubber made tote while your wife hammers nails?  LOL...I was having a heart attack the whole time she was up there.

8.  I have a friend who is REALLY ticking me off and is about to become an ex-friend.

9.  Our dog and cats have got some serious dry skin going on this year...it has to be the new place.

10.  All this talk about pizza in previous posts is killing me...uggg it is the only food I miss!!!

We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • Options

1. I have been reading everyone else's so I could to come up with 10 things.

2. thanks to stupid fibroids, it looks like TTC will have to wait 2-3 months.

3. Because of #3, I restarted my workouts. I am really excited about this.

4. I am sick today. Up all night coughing, OD'd on Day quil.

5. I only have 2 xmas gifts bought...ugggghhh

6. I had Olive Garden soup, salad and breadsticks for lunch and it really hit the spot.

7. We have a buttload of xmas decorations all over the floor, but nothing put up yet.

8. Tonight I have to remedy #7.

9. I have to go grocery shopping b/c we have nothing to eat in the house, and I hate doing it after work. dinner won't get on the table until like 8.

10. We have clients coming into the office tomorrow, so I have to clean up my office. I am a slob.

Mommies to 5 fur babies!
    TTC#1 since 2004
    LGBT
    4 cycles @ home with known donor - BFN
    RE un-medicated IUI cycles # 1-7= BFN
    NEW RE Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/ IUI #8 BFN
    Took long break
    Nov 2009 - Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/IUI #9 = BFP
    Beta 12/4 - 10...Beta #2 12/7- 28 Beta #3 12/9 - 80!
    1st sonogram 12/28 - slow hb and growth
    m/c 1/1/2010 Courtland 8w0d
    Nov 2010 cycle cancelled - polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    April 4 2011 - IUI #10 BFFN
    July 5, 2011 - #11 BFFN AMH .62 Boo
  • Options

1. I'm really tired today. my baby is sleeping all night just fine...I'm not.

2. we're going to a friend's house today. I'm taking my lights and we're using her set-up to take Christmas and 1-year photos of the boy. we've had to cancel a couple of times, so I'm really excited it's actually happening.

3. I think I'm going to try to leave a little early.

4. i want cookies.

5. and some caffeine.

6. I got a canvas printed of one of the photos I took of the boy and I love it. now my wife wants me to get another photo printed.

7. it has taken me forever just to get this far...

8. I really hope we get some good photos tonight.

9. I wonder what we'll do about dinner. one of my favorite places has a location near her house, maybe I'll see if I can convince my wife we need chicken...

10. okay. I'm leaving now.

• Options
    imagemandykatie:

11.  Did I mention I'm going to try and get KTFU on Thursday? Yeah.  I am.

1. Ok this totally cracked my sh!t up. Thanks for this Mandy, I needed a laugh today. I'm so excited for you to finally be starting.  Best of luck!

2. There are new babies and almost here babies and now mobile babies and an overdue baby and wanted and hoped for babies and my oh my there are lots of things happening for the mommies/mommies-to-be on this board!

3. I got news that a work project is being ended early due to inadequate results and I am majorly bummed.  I am working with a great group of patients on that project and will be sad to not have them any longer.

4. As a result of #3 I need to talk to my boss sooner rather than later about upcoming projects and some conflicts in style I am having with a coworker who I may be asked to do more work with. Ugh.

5. My annual review is also now due and the timing is...well...see above.

6. My DD seems to get every single bug that goes through her school and frequently a fever to go with it.  Her ARNP doesn't seem to think anything of it, but it makes me worry/wonder if there is something else going on or what else I can do.Hmm

7. A look out my window today reminds me yes, this is Seattle and it rains here a lot.

8. I just had leftover tofu fried rice for lunch...mmm.

9. I need to find a swimsuit for my growing DD's swimming lessons which start in January.

10. I am very much looking forward to having some down time with my gf at the end of the week.  Yes, I realize it's only Tuesday.Wink

• Options

1. Very hungry! My DP made enchiladas two nights ago and I'm craving it!

2.  My LB is asleep in my arms - he'll get upset if I put him down "alone".

3. I haven't gotten over my desire to have a second child. 

4. Amazed that LB had sprouted 4 teeth this month. (No - it doesn't hurt to nurse him..yet?)

5. Trying to decorate our small space for the holidays.

6. Oh, I also want an iPod Touch (4th gen.) so I can use facetime to chat with other deaf folks.

7. Is it already 8 month since LB came into our world? 

8. Don't know what to get him (LB) for his first big holiday.... 

9. What do I get for my DP?

10. We want a home to call ours... here in the pacific northwest...

• Options

1. Tuesday is probably the easiest workday of my week. I'm sorry to see you go, Tuesday!

2. Only three more class meetings each until the semester is over for me.

3. Holy crap: only three more class meetings each until the semester is over for me!

4. I'm thinking I may be a tad daft for withdrawing my graduation even though I qualify at the end of this term. I'm under an undergrad loan, and I have money left for the spring.

5. I'm not too daft, because I can take a few more classes to prep for my grad. program. There aren't any grad. classes I'm qualified for in spring, anyway.

6. I just added one more class to my registration for spring. I'll be taking a full load, again.

7. One of the classes I'm taking is Ballroom/Swing with K. As far as I know, we'll be the first same-sex couple to take a dance class as partners at my school. 

8. We'll see how *that goes over.

9. K is a *terrific dancer, and we are really looking forward to the class.

10. Can you tell I'm only 5dpiui and trying not to focus on the 2ww?!

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options

1. I am currently in the process of delaying an online quiz until the last possible minute. I don't know why I do this. Online assignments are never as bad as they seem once I get started. Rationally I know this but it never seems to help.

2. This weather makes me long for the return of warm weather...and KAYAKING.

3. AF was late and I am thinking this might push my ovulation to smack dab in the middle of the weekend. Considering skipping IUI this month just to see...and to consider using a trigger to have more control. Open to suggestions.

4. Had a great wekend with the family until I woke up vomiting Sun. Morning with a 102 fever. The car ride home was a truly miserable experience.I am mostly recovered now thanks to DW's expert care. She has SUCH a nurturing nature that I think she will truly come into her own when we finally have a child.

5.Our new couch is not as comfy as I had hoped. I am remaining optimistic that this will improve as it gets broken in. (Please God, Please!)

6. I need a haircut BAD...and can't seem to make it to the salon. Have missed two appts. I wonder if they will take a chance on giving me a third.

7. My mom is being very sweet about our TTC...but I can tell she is worried about how the stress is affecting me.

8. My one stepsister didn't show up for thanksgiving dinner/moving party for my other stepsister because DW and I were there. We had a good time anyway.

9. Found out that KARMA is alive and well...narrow minded stepsister's 13 y.o. daughter has her first boyfriend. Not that it makes a bit of difference in the world to me, but I suspect it does to them...she is madly in love with a boy who happens to be black and a Jehova's Witness. Very much not like them. Maybe they will learn to accept accept him, for her sake. She's a sweety pie, and my other neice says they're in love ;)

10. Praying #9 will invoke a real period of growth for the closed minded members of my family. Kinda feels like someone is saying to them....WAKE UP! Not like you is not necessarily a bad thing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"