Breastfeeding

Curious about BF and preg....

I wonder what other mommies do in countries where they don't have formula....if they get pregnant when BF, what do they give baby if they self wean? And do they get morning sickness.....I wonder what your hormones are like if you're growing a baby and providing food for another. You'd think it wouldn't make you puke up all of your food.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Curious about BF and preg....

• I've never been in this situation, but I believe it's possible to BF & be pg at the same time.  If the baby self-weans prior to one year & formula is not available, my guess would be they would start on cow's (or another type of animal) milk.

I'm sure your milk changes if you get pg while BFing, but again, I don't really know how.  FWIW, I didn't puke at all from ms when I was pg.

• A lot of women --- even in the US BF while pregnant or tandem feed. In many countries -- if the child self weans then they start on regular milk and food.  I know in Haiti a lot of time the babies are given cow or goat milk sooner then here in the states --- and they have formula available to them.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"