Natural Birth

Random worry about contrax

I keep reading these people saying they didn't feel pain until it was time to push, really. While that sounds FABULOUS (!!!!), it scares me to think that I could be one of those, and have no idea when it's time to go. While Homebirth is wonderful, it's not for me with this VBAC, and I prefer not to chance it.

Anyways, with DD, I was in labor, albeit, early labor, but had every 5 minute contrax for about 8/10 hours when I went in. None of them were painful, but I went in because of the duration and regularity. Went in at 3 cm, then had a C-section pretty quick for her high heartrate. 

Anywhoooooo, is it really so common? I know it sounds dumb, but I am pretty much hoping for pain so I *know* it's really happening, and not go in early like last time. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Random worry about contrax

• For me, the contractions hurt more than the pushing did. It was such a relief to push and it felt GOOD to work with your body.

WHat stories are you reading? Amongst all my natural birthing friends, we all agree pushing is much nicer than the actual labor. :)

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, I don't think they are painful but once they start getting stronger as you progress, the uterine muscle squeezes harder so it kind of takes your breath away and you have to focus a lot more to let them pass.  So... (I was induced last time so I didn't have any of this "When should we go?" stuff) my plan is to wait until I can no longer talk through a contraction and then we will head over to the hospital. 

My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • Loading the player...
  • The woman I used to nanny for was pregnant with twins and didn't know she was in labor (39w).  She felt kind of off all day, and kept feeling pressure like she had to use the bathroom, but other than that, nothing.  She finally decided to go to the hospital and by the time she got to the hospital she was ready to push.  I find it hard to believe there wouldn't be some indications of what is going on, even if it isn't 'pain'.  Besides even if you don't realize you are in labor until you are fully dilated that doesn't mean you have your baby that second.  I waited another 1hr 1/2 to start pushing because DD was still so high.  I'm sure you will be fine :)
  • My mom told me that with all of her three births she only felt restless throughout the day (or night), started having contractions late afternoon (or early morning) (she said she "realized" she was having contractions- acknowledging she may have been having them all day but didn't realize it), went to the hospital and delivered within two hours of "realizing" she was having contractions. So it was short, but did have time to get to the hospital. I'm sure at some point you'd realize your in labour before the baby just suddenly falls out.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"