Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Passed it tonight I think...advice? Some TMI

I am scheduled for a D&C tomorrow.  I had severe cramping tonight, heavy bleeding and blood clots.  About 15 minutes ago I am pretty sure I passed the baby.  It just "popped out" and the contents was about the size of some silly putty.  It was pink/red and had some white too it too.  It was hard to tell anything else because it fell in the toilet.  I am still having some cramping now but not as severe as before.  I was hoping someone who went through this could help me...I am wondering what else to expect?  I am going to call Dr. tomorrow to see if she still wants to do D&C.  I don't think I have passed any extra tissue.  I just want it all to be completely over.

Re: Passed it tonight I think...advice? Some TMI

• I had the same thing, and I did actually see the baby in the mass of tissue that came out. Unfortunately, an ultrasound was done later that morning and there was still some tissue left inside, so I had to go for a D & C. I am still very sad about the whole thing, especially about seeing the baby. Still sore from the surgery, but at least I have the peace of mind knowing that it's done. Hopefully I can heal a little sooner this way. Good luck, and I'm terribly sorry for your loss. T  & P are with you.
    motivationisoverrated.com
  • They should do a u/s to make sure that everything has passed.

I had been bleeding for two weeks and had a lot of clots come out. After that I just spotted randomly. My follow up was a week later and they did a u/s and said that hadn't even dented it and I still ended up having the D & C a few days later. There is really no way of telling except getting another u/s done. If you have passed everything that is great and you can get on with the healing process sooner with no worries. If not, the D & C is not a horrible procedure. you might just be a little sore for a few days. Again, I am very sorry that you have had to go through this. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. Everyone seems to be fairly open about things in this forum, which is nice. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • This sounds terrible to say, but I just hope that what I passed tonight was the baby.  I say that because it seems that if that is the case, the worst physical part is over.  I have not passed anything but that large piece and some blood clots, so I am not sure what else to expect to come out.
  • It sounds like that probably was the baby. I had the same "popping" sensation. I could definitely tell the difference in the cramping subsiding after that happened. Do call your doctor tomorrow. They should have you come in for an ultrasound to make sure everything is gone. I hope the worst is over for you.
  • I am so sorry you are going through this. I had a MC at 9 weeks.

In my experience, I bled and cramped for 2 days. I didn't pass any big clots but what did come out was about 3 inches long, and had the consistency of a flattened up meatball. After that the cramps got much better. The next day I had a ultrasound and they said everything was passed. I bled for about a week and got my period exactly 30 days after my MC.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I too had the same "popping" sensation. I had pretty bad cramps leading up to it, and then when it passed (which I know 100% was the sac) the cramps subsided a great dea. However, they did come back, not as strong though. 

You can still have tissue leftover even with passing the sac. My hcg's were followed until they hit 0. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"