Attachment Parenting
Options

Anyone looking for a nursing friendly doll? Love it. :)

Re: Anyone looking for a nursing friendly doll? Love it. :)

• Options
    why do I have a feeling that wouldn't go over well in america?
  • Options
    DD would LOVE that!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe this would help girls grow up feeling more confident about their bodies instead of letting the media convince them that breasts are purely sexual and that they have to be a cerain size/shape/perkiness. Now if we could just abolish all the "Find a Boyfriend" toys girls are inundated with. Ugh.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Options
    I think thats great! A little old for my daughter who isnt quite two though. There are so many young moms who dont breast feed because they are afraid of what people think. This would be an eye opener!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The comments for the video really show how much a doll like this is needed in this country. Why would people think a little girl nursing her doll is "disgusting"?? Or the comments that say the girl in the commercial is too young to know what breasts are for?

My 2 year old "niece" BF's her dolls all the time, because it's natural. It should be accepted just as much as giving a doll a bottle.

• Options

It's a great idea! How sad though that you need a special doll to show kids what BFing is.

I watched another video and it was showing that the baby will cry until you feed it from both sides to be most realistic haha. love it 

Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • Options
    That doll is adorable! And the little girl "nursing" her baby is precious too. Love it!
  • Options
    imageDoodler:

I love this doll!   Now, I fear getting this for Oliver would horrify my MIL who doesn't think he should have a doll to begin with.  Sigh.

The comments disgust me a bit though.  :(  How sad is it that breastfeeding is viewed a "disgusting"   I agree with Strawberry 100 percent.

All of this. Except, my DS all ready has a doll. So far he just chews on "his baby's" head, but its cute none-the-less.

I wish I had been educated more about breastfeeding when I was younger. Suprisingly, it was my husband who educated me and helped me decide that's what I wanted to do.

• Options

It's an old article, but check out what Fox News has to say about the doll. Apparently it may promote early pregnancy and possibly traumatize the girls who play with it.

https://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,537261,00.html

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"