Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Heating pad to ease cramps

My cramps and backache have really picked up this evening.  I have D&C tomorrow.  Does anyone know if heating pads are OK to use?  I obviously can't hurt the baby anymore, but I'm not sure if it affects anything else at this point.

Re: Heating pad to ease cramps

• Options
    I just wanted to say that I used heating pads throughout my m/c and after my D & C and it both kept me warm and eased the pain. It did not have any effect on the procedure one bit. It also seemed to helped ease out some of the clots when I was at my worst point. It just helps get the blood flowing and can also be oddly comforting. Maybe I am just weird because I am from AZ living in an ID town that just had a huge blizzard in November. lol. I hope that this helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I hope they're okay to use because I'm actually sitting here with one across my abdomen right now.  My cramps really picked up this evening after being mostly absent for the past couple of days.  The heating pad seems to really help me.  I figure it can't hurt anything now that I'm not pregnant and can't try to conceive again until after AF comes anyway.  I say give it a try.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLindsey8301:
    I hope they're okay to use because I'm actually sitting here with one across my abdomen right now.  My cramps really picked up this evening after being mostly absent for the past couple of days.  The heating pad seems to really help me.  I figure it can't hurt anything now that I'm not pregnant and can't try to conceive again until after AF comes anyway.  I say give it a try.

Alright, you and me with heating pads tonight!  Good luck to you.  So far it basically just feels like I am having a period...a horrible period, but a period.

• Options
    imageLauraDances815:

imageLindsey8301:

Alright, you and me with heating pads tonight!  Good luck to you.  So far it basically just feels like I am having a period...a horrible period, but a period.

SmileI'll keep my fingers crossed that it helps you too.  My cramps have been extreme at times (stabbing cramps/contractions), and that's when the heating pad really helped me.  Tonight my cramps are more period-like but I have the heating pad right here, so I might as well use it.  It really stinks that we have to go through all of this physical stuff on top of the heartbreak, so hopefully the physical part ends soon for both of us.

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options
    I see no reason why a heating pad would be a problem. Just don't burn your skin or anything like that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • Options
    No worries - heating pads are perfectly safe to use right now.  A nurse at my doctor's office recommended it to me.  And it really helped.  I sat with one in my lap for three days at work - good thing I have an office with a door or my coworkers might wonder what was going on. 

DD#1: Charlotte (1/19/12)
    DD#2: Delilah (7/16/13)

Baby #3 on the way, EDD 1/19/15
    hcg @ 11dpo = 18
    hcg @ 16 dpo = 244

• Options
    I wanted to use one, but my midwife told me not to, since it could possibly increase the blood flow to a level that was potentially dangerous. I ended up hugging pillows instead. Im doing fine now, and the bleeding has slowed alot. It was during the worst of it that I wish I had something warm!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"