Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

ridiculous google result and my vent...

So... I was googling how long it took for your Uterus to go down after a D & C and I found the most horrid website. It had both info for fertility and the other spectrum, herbs that cause miscarriages (for people that are trying this purposefully). I was disgusted, but it scared me because some of the things stood out before I could get off the page and some of them are things that people eat at home. Some of the ones that stood out to me are Vitamin C, Parsly and Pomegranates. Okay, sounds pretty crazy to me. I was sick before my m/c and had taken an extra Vitamin C in addition to my pre-natals, I had drank Pomegranate 7 Up, and we use Parsley to flavor our pasta. I honestly think it sounds absolutely ridiculous myself, but there is still a small part of me that keeps thinking I did something wrong without even knowing this. Okay, I am a dork. Has anyone else heard this or is it just that I landed upon something that is just an old wise tale without proven fact. I have taken some health classes and have never heard of this, but there are a lot of things I don't know. We want to start trying again in the next couple of months as soon as AF comes and I don't want to do anything that will cause harm. I know you shouldn't drink, smoke, do drugs, etc., do take your pre-natals daily, go to the Doc, get rest... but the other items I found seem a bit far fetched! Any thoughts on this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ridiculous google result and my vent...

• Ridiculous. You didn't do anything wrong!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wouldn't worry yourself too much... I know I've gone over and over every little thing I did, didn't do, ate, drank.... you can drive yourself nuts.  It's not that easy to cause a m/c.  I would assume you would have to consume these foods in high amounts to have any effect on your baby.  

BFP#1: 7/23/10, EDD 4/1/11, MC/DNC 9/29/10(14wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#2: 1/12/11 CP (6 Weeks)
    BFP#3: 6/26/11, EDD 3/4/12, Natural MC 8/5/11 (10wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • If it makes you feel better, I must have eaten 5 pomegranates while I was pregnant and I do not feel guilty about it.
  • It's totally natural to go through all the what ifs, but remember there are tons of women that are on drugs, don't get prenatal care, and go on to have healthy babies (not recommending this, of course!). The bottom line is, most miscarriage are random events that have to do with the viability of the pregnancy and not anything you did. This website sounds like its full of sh!t.
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • I figured that site was ridiculously false. Thank you for your responses, though.

It is discouraging that there is stuff out there in the first place. I think I have just been extra nervous since my m/c. I have come to terms with our loss, but really don't want this to happen again. It is emotionally and physically draining and absolutely heartbreaking. I am feeling physically better, but it still hurts. I wish there was something out there that could give us all the answers we are looking for and tell us how to prevent these things 100% of the time, but unfortunately there is not.

It has only been 3 weeks since my m/c and I keep thinking that I would be 14 weeks this week if everything had worked out. I keep having nightmares that wake me up of me having miscarriages. I want to try again as soon as AF returns, but I am scared that something bad will happen again. I will be 30 next year and I just got married this year, but my husband and I both really want some children to call our own someday soon. I know that there are sooo many people on here that have gone through much harder circumstances than us, but like my husband finally explained to me, it is the expectations. His mom didn't know we were pregnant, but right around the time that we found out she said that she had a dream of the cutest twin girls with curly, blonde locks running around. Twins run in both sides of our family and my Dad says that I also 'may' have had one but my Mom's body had absorbed it because she had a large amount bleeding and then the Dr. only saw me on future u/s's and told her she was just fine. Who knows, though. They also told my Mom I was a boy and I was most definitely a girl. That is still kind of amusing. My Dr. saw only one sac with me, but my husband still kept envisioning us having at least one little one arriving in June and now that is no longer going to happen. We were both very much disappointed! I am sorry for my random vent. I hope you all are able to get through these rough times as well! I know that we can all get through this together :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"