Upstate NY Babies

NBR: Who is more assertive?

So I won't get into details, but today we had a run in with the window place who will be installing the rest of our windows this month.  My DH just would not push for what we needed, so I had to go back in after and explain the situation.  He just gets very passive in situations like that....like with car deals, insurance rates, doctor's appts. etc..  It is tough to always be the one that has to step up.  Who is more assertive in your marriage?  Do not get me wrong, I am not rude in anyway, just assertive.  
imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: Who is more assertive?

• We're both pretty passive, but I think DH is more assertive.  I'm a total pushover and hate confrontation.  I need to work on that...
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • DH hates confrontation and generally I do too but I also have a hot temper and huge thing for good customer service so I am definitely more assertive.
    image        image
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemrsoc:
    So I won't get into details, but today we had a run in with the window place who will be installing the rest of our windows this month.  My DH just would not push for what we needed, so I had to go back in after and explain the situation.  He just gets very passive in situations like that....like with car deals, insurance rates, doctor's appts. etc..  It is tough to always be the one that has to step up.  Who is more assertive in your marriage?  Do not get me wrong, I am not rude in anyway, just assertive.  

We apparently are married to the same man.  Seriously, it drives me crazy.  I'm always the one to make appointments, be proactive, ask questions, etc.  I have no idea what he did before he met me. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am. DH will ask the questions and do the pushing...after I've prepped him on what to say.

• Me for sure.  I didn't used to, but working retail has taught me haha.

At home though DH is.

• DW is way more assertive.  I am much more passive and like Tina, hate confrontation.  However, because of DW, I have learned to step up and stand up for myself or be agressive when needed.
  • I always back down and make my DH call and do the bitching.. and if all else fails, we send in MIL. LOL.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • 100% me! I often thrive on confrontation, always have. I think it is because I have always been short and need to prove I am not weak! lol I expect excellent service and let them know when I am not happy.

I often push Dh (who is very passive) to get a rise, he never pushes back. I have mellowed out a lot since R was born, except for the momma bear instinct. 

• DH for sure. He's worked in sales and/or collections his whole adult life, so he has to be.

He's a great negotiator... when we were on our cruise he bought me diamond earrings for less than $1000 (they were priced at like $3000) He spent almost an hour haggling back and forth with the guy. When we got home he had them appraised they are worth $4500!

• I was thinking that we both avoid confrontation but I am always the one to call and make appointments, ask the questions, even the one to order takeout!  And I took care of the entire car buying process the last time we got a new car.  I feel like I just took it on when we started dating.  Not a big deal most of the time, but sometimes it is so annoying!  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Me, hands down.  DH hates confrontation!  I've been known to haggle some sales people down, but it can be very frustrating at times.  I push for what I want and DH shuts down, you can imagine what it's like when we fight. 

• It depends on the situation.  I almost always deal with poor customer service situations and I usually make appointments and stuff (but only because I am DH's secretary, not because of the confrontation aspect.

I hate confrontation in all other circumstances, and DH thrives on it. 

• I think I am though we are both on the passive side.  It depends who I'm dealing with though. 
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"