Houston Babies

Leapster as Xmas gift

I've been thinking about getting Mad a Leapster for Christmas.  I found a great deal on a Leapster 2 but I wanted to ask opinions here.  Anyone's LO have one?  Good or Bad? 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Leapster as Xmas gift

• We have the regular leapster and Emmy loves it.  I went ahead and got her letters on the loose (had to buy it on ebay) and she has learned a lot including how to write the letters correctly.  She's also really good with anything animal related because of Animal Genius and can do puzzles really well.  The Dora and Kai Lan games are not as good as the more "educational" ones like Numbers of the Run and I just recently bought her Kindergarten.

I believe with Leapster 2, it can also use the old leapster cartridge (LMax) which is a lot cheaper. (like $10). 

I like the regular leapster better because it has a bigger screen for them to write on.  But today I ended up buying 2 leapster 2 because they were only $25!!!  Great deal.  I figured that I can give them away as gifts or if the girls break theirs, there's a back up? 

Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • that's the deal I saw (on walmart.com) but they ran out of stock by the time I went to purchase one. Let me know if you want to sell one of yours!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Abbie got one from Santa last year and she loves it.  We've never had any problems with it.  It's the Leapster 2.
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • Kohen has the Leapster 2 and loves it.  We just bought Kamryn the pink one off of Amazon for $37.50 with free shipping.  I prefer them to the Nintendo DS at this age. 
  • imagehoustonkdw:
    Kohen has the Leapster 2 and loves it.  We just bought Kamryn the pink one off of Amazon for $37.50 with free shipping.  I prefer them to the Nintendo DS at this age. 

Ditto.  Kaitlyn plays Mario occasionally on Micaela's DS, but we still opted to go with a Leapster for her "gaming system"  (because yanno, since her sister has one, she has to have one too).  Micaela had one around 4 as well and it lasted through drops, crunches you name it.  Our fear with getting a DS for a 4 year old, is not being able to really take care of it and it getting broken.  I'd rather replace (or just be out) 40 dollars compared to 150. lol 

~*~Jenn~*~
  • Anyone do the Leapster Explorer?  I'm curious about it too.  thinking the Leapster would be a good gift...maybe should have done before Kinder!
    imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"