Baby Showers

Gift Idea

I'm looking for a great gift for my expectant friend...suggestions?

Re: Gift Idea

• Something off her registry and a smaller something that is a personal choice. Everyone ignored my wedding registry and I ended up with a bunch of expensive, useless stuff. I really needed the sheets and stuff I registered for, and had to buy them afterwards with our own money.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageCorts:
    Everyone ignored my wedding registry and I ended up with a bunch of expensive, useless stuff. I really needed the sheets and stuff I registered for, and had to buy them afterwards with our own money.

Maybe it's just me, but I have always thought that getting married, and then having a child,  was my responsibility.   Did you only get married to get free sheets?   I think showers are a wonderful gift if someone offers to throw one for you, and I'm of the philosophy that registries are a guideline.  I don't think it's a law that friends and family have to provide the necessities for your child, and it's so irritating that people are so ungrateful. 

I think of all the families and all the children that have absolutely nothing.  I'm sure they would jump at the chance to take your "expensive, useless stuff" off your hands.

Stephanie Hsu
  • Loading the player...
  • imagestephanie_shoe:

imageCorts:
    Everyone ignored my wedding registry and I ended up with a bunch of expensive, useless stuff. I really needed the sheets and stuff I registered for, and had to buy them afterwards with our own money.

Maybe it's just me, but I have always thought that getting married, and then having a child,  was my responsibility.   Did you only get married to get free sheets?   I think showers are a wonderful gift if someone offers to throw one for you, and I'm of the philosophy that registries are a guideline.  I don't think it's a law that friends and family have to provide the necessities for your child, and it's so irritating that people are so ungrateful. 

I think of all the families and all the children that have absolutely nothing.  I'm sure they would jump at the chance to take your "expensive, useless stuff" off your hands.

I am not the only one who gets annoyed when people disregard the registry. The registry is there for a reason, to give a guidline of what the expectant couple needs. Hurry down off your high horse.

Yes, I personally found it irritating that several people chose to give us useless $100.00 crystal pieces that we have no need for, instead of the $50.00 sheets we needed. Did I say that to them? NO. But I can have my own opinions.

• She isn't registering...2nd baby any latest trend items?
  • Bibs, burp cloths, teethers (stuff she probably already had from the 1st baby but is probably in gross condition). Or diapers :)
  • you can never go wrong with giftcards if you think she will need a lot of baby stuff. If it's just a celebratory shower, then just find something cute that fits her style. I love giving "mommy gifts" to friends too- like a mani/pedi giftcard or new PJs! New mommas need some attention too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCorts:
    imagestephanie_shoe:

imageCorts:

I am not the only one who gets annoyed when people disregard the registry. The registry is there for a reason, to give a guidline of what the expectant couple needs. Hurry down off your high horse.

Yes, I personally found it irritating that several people chose to give us useless $100.00 crystal pieces that we have no need for, instead of the $50.00 sheets we needed. Did I say that to them? NO. But I can have my own opinions.

I agree you should follow the registry its there because its stuff that the baby needs and what the mom likes, my cousin didnt get anything off her registary and went into labor the day about her babyshower.. do to complications.. he was really early but a happy healthy 2 year old now! anyway she got a ton of multiple stuff from target no less and they give her a horriable time to return things, she actually got 7 diaper geunies (sp?) .. 

• i should have read further before i responded!! A friend of mine got a gift card for a prenatal massage which she LOVED! and another friend got a giftcard to get her hair and nails done, which she can do now or save for a after the baby.. maybe get her something like that which some diapers
  • A Sam's Club or Costco membership.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know how far along she is, but I really appreciated when someone got me a gift card to a maternity store.  Having to buy a whole new wardrobe was expensive and that really helped.

• With a gift card to Little One Books, she can pick out her own baby books, CDs, or DVDs without having to go anywhere to redeem it. It's all online! :)

https://www.littleonebooks.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"