TTC after 35
Options

newbie here....

Hi there....so DH & I are jumping on the TTC bandwagon again after getting really super lucky with DD the first time around (got BFP on 1st cycle).   

I am trying to remind myself that it may take a lot longer this time and not to get down if it doesn't happen as easily....so here I am....

I am 37 and DH is 47...

Question - amongst all the other things we struggle with in TTC, does anyone struggle with even finding the time/energy to have sex?  Sometimes I feel like that is our biggest hurdle!  :(

Me-38, DH - 48 | DD born 3/17/10 | BFP 4/29/11 - M/C 5/31/11 Blighted Ovum | BFP 12/18/11 CP - 12/27/11 | Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: newbie here....

• Options

Welcome to the board!  I am 37 too (DH is 42). I am TTC #1 and a newlywed so I can't complain about not having time for sex... You have an 8 month old? (she's gorgeous by the way) Of course you are exhausted! Don't be so hard on yourself.  My suggestion is to sign up for fertility friend so you know when the fertile time is so you can concentrate having sex during that time. Good luck!

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options

Welcome and good luck!

It certainly is a struggle finding time/energy for TTC!  I can't imagine how difficult it is with an 8 month old!  What is now becoming a struggle for me is keeping it "fun" and not just a means to an end.  Which is very difficult when you're being monitored and taking trigger shots.  Nothing's sexier than syringes and alcohol swabs!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies...I can only imagine adding IF issues to the mix makes it that much harder to get in the mood!  And I have no idea what's in store for us so I look forward to giving/getting support here on this board.  This was my 2nd cycle off BC and I think today I am O so we had planned to TTC yesterday, but had a minor argument, which sort of ruined it for me.  This morning we made up for lost time (yahoo!) but still felt a little forced...
    Me-38, DH - 48 | DD born 3/17/10 | BFP 4/29/11 - M/C 5/31/11 Blighted Ovum | BFP 12/18/11 CP - 12/27/11 | Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hey!  We're jumping on the TTC train as well. Last two cycles I ovulated late..due to bad cold and vacation..I think.  This month I'm on regular cycle again, so keeping my fingers crossed. Although, as you said, I do sometimes feel too tired, but we did manage a couple of attempts.

It took us 5 months of charting to conceive #1, but we're not charting this time just seeing what happens.

Good luck to you!!

• Options
    OMG totally!  I made our RE apt today and DH and I actually discussed if we were doing this in part because we were too tired to have sex at the perfect exact timing!  Last month I get positive OPKs on Monday and Tuesday and we had sex on Sunday and barely made it to 8:30om before falling asleep that week.  sigh...  I need a lot of reassurance that we are not using the RE out of "laziness" - ug!  it is actually reassuring that we are not the only ones :)
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Options

imagebethCT:
    OMG totally!  I made our RE apt today and DH and I actually discussed if we were doing this in part because we were too tired to have sex at the perfect exact timing!  Last month I get positive OPKs on Monday and Tuesday and we had sex on Sunday and barely made it to 8:30om before falling asleep that week.  sigh...  I need a lot of reassurance that we are not using the RE out of "laziness" - ug!  it is actually reassuring that we are not the only ones :)

Ha! I just told DH tonight that in 6 months when we have to see a RE they are going to ask us how much we are having sex during the "fertile" period and we will have to tell them that we only do it once or twice! LOL

Too funny!

• Options
    imagePuckchick07:

Hey!  We're jumping on the TTC train as well. Last two cycles I ovulated late..due to bad cold and vacation..I think.  This month I'm on regular cycle again, so keeping my fingers crossed. Although, as you said, I do sometimes feel too tired, but we did manage a couple of attempts.

It took us 5 months of charting to conceive #1, but we're not charting this time just seeing what happens.

Good luck to you!!

Tara!   Long time no speak..fancy meeting you here! :)  I have never charted anything or even knew what charting was before last year!  I did do the OPKs for a few months before we actually started TTC but I am mostly clueless. I need to be more religious about using the OPKs this time around.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"