Two Under 2
Options

Is anyone's older LO NOT STTN?

I saw the earlier post about advice to get the older one to STTN, but wondered if any of moms of 2U2 are experiencing two LOs not STTN. My DD started waking a couple times per night over the last month...usually just popping in her paci and covering her back up with her blanket puts her immediately back to sleep. But last night she woke 4 times before 2 a.m., then tossed and turned in our bed for an hour before I finally put her back in her crib and she passed out for the night. I'm going to do CIO with her again to hopefully get her back to STTN, but holy cow I could not imagine being up with her and with the new baby and that could become a harsh reality in the next few weeks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is anyone's older LO NOT STTN?

• Options

My LO does not sleep through the night.  Last night I let her CIO and about 15 minutes after we started she slept...and I mean slept...from 9 pm to 6:45 am.  It was like a dream.

I will be letting her CIO from now on.  I keep having nightmares about no one wanting to watch her when the new baby comes because she doesn't sleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DS1 started waking again after DS2 was born. I am not sure if he could hear him, or if it was just part of him getting used to things (it was a big transition for him too!). He went back to normal after a couple of weeks. But those were a rough couple of weeks!! Thankfully it didnt last long and he went back to his normal self quickly.

Hopefully your LO will continue to STTN!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a problem where they were waking each other up. So now the baby is on the third floor with us and our 2 year old is on the second floor by himself. That solved the problem but I hope it is not making another one wherein the baby doesn't want to go back down to his room eventually.
  • Options
    Nope, he doesn't.  It sucks.
  • Options
    CIO worked for us, she has been waking up ridiculiously early and then being cranky and tired within an hour so I'm trying cio in the morning to see if she will go back to sleep.  Worked today, but we'll see.  Good luck!
    Snuggling after a nap! Claira 2 yrs and Sophia 11 months Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DS1 was STTN great up until about a month before DS2 was born.  He wakes up generally once a night to get a diaper change and a bottle.  We tryed letting him CIO but he won't go back to sleep on his own. He just gets louder and more worked up.  I have been wondering if I feed him later if that will help, since it seems he wakes up because he is hungry, but I do not put him to bed with a bottle/sippy cup.  I figure we will go this route for a few more weeks and than we will see what we can do.  DS2 is only 9 days old so Im going to give DS1 a little more time to adjust.
  • Options

May I recommend a good book??  "Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child" by Weissbluth is seriously one of the best books I have read that is parenting related.  SO concise, great resource, lots of tips, etc.  And it will help with your new LO too. 

Good luck!  DH and I were just saying last night now thankful we are that our DD sleeps 7-7.  If she didn't, we would be even more exhausted than we already are.

• Options
    DD#2 rarely sleeps through the night, but when she does it's 8:30-5:00 and that's it!   DD#1 sleeps from about 9:30-6:30.  They both take one short afternoon nap but almost never at the same time!  I'm starting to freak out a little about the thought of being up most of the night by a newborn too.  I have tried all sorts of sleep methods with both girls but sadly they simply do not require much sleep.  My dad is a pediatrician and I think he was kind of skeptical about the fact that they sleep so little until DH had to go to the hospital for a week and he and my mom had to watch the girls for a few afternoons/evenings then he was finally convinced!
  • Options
    My 14 mo twins did not STTN until DD2 was born!!! They really cut it close but they were waking up until the night I went in to the hospital and then STTN when I came home!! I think waking up for a few nights and me not being here made them give up!
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Options
    DD has STTN about 4 times total since she was born. Although we were initially against letting her CIO, we've started to give it a go this week in the hopes of getting her to STTN by the time #2 is born. It hasn't really worked so far (she will literally cry for hours on end) but I'm going to give it a few more days and take it from there.
  • Options
    DD1 does not sleep through the night.  She has always been a terrible sleeper and CIO did not work for us-she threw up everytime we tried(3 times) and will not do it again.  THANK GOODNESS DD2 is a great sleeper.  She has slept 12 hours straight since she was 2 months.  But those 2 months where she did not, I had to be the one to get up since I was nursing and if DD 1 got up also, you better believe my husband was the one getting up with her! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"