TTC after 35

ok, made my RE apt...

sigh... I really wanted to do it this time without help, you know?  oh well...  It is not until the 17th though (the day after I turn 38) because I want DH there.  So for those of you who saw an RE for a first and second pregnancy, I do want him there for that first apt, right?

Also, it will likely be a day or 2 after ovulation, which sucks!  I wanted this Friday because Dh is off and it will be CD 2 or 3 - how cool would it have been to go in and do cd3 bloodwork that first day?

EDIT - wait, can I even do fertility meds while nursing?  I do not want DD getting those hormones but she still nurses to sleep at night and I am not sure we are ready to give that up!  HELP!

Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

Re: ok, made my RE apt...

• I have my first appt on 1/6 so I will be right behind you!  I am bringing DH with me. It would have been cool if you could have started bloodwork immediately. Nothing about this process goes the way we want, huh?

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• I brought DH with me to the first appointment. He enjoys going to the appointments he can make as it helps keep him in the loop, allows him to ask questions I may not think of, etc. It also helps me feel less like the burden of TTC falls primarily on my shoulders - I really appreciate how involved DH has been.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • I didn't take DH on my first appointment.  I think I wanted to see things for myself first then bring him in.  I just brought all of his pertinent medical info with me. 

I'm not 100% positive since I don't have my pill bottle with me but I think meds like clomid say not to take if you're pregnant or nursing. 

Edit - forgot to say good luck!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I brought my DH with me, I think you should if it's at all possible. We got a lot of information and a testing checklist which includes testing for him. Plus I wanted us to approach this as a team from the get go. 

I actually had my first appointment the day after I O'ed. As part of the appt. the RE did a vaginal ultrasound, and when she looked at my ovaries she could tell that I had just ovulated from the left one. So, that was cool, and she was able to instantly tell that I am in fact ovulating.  There are advantages to going right after you O!

My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 4/10, Dx: MFI IVF planned for April/May
  • I had my DH with me too.  Not much more to add 'cept good luck!!  Try to be patient, every month will not work out they way you will want but it will work out in the end just the way it is supposed to!  (At least that is what I keep telling myself!)

-Pix

About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC #1 since May 2010, married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug.2010 Sept 2010 IUI #1=BFN, Oct=cyst/bfn, Nov 2010 IUI #2 = bfn. Had to postpone IUI #3 b/c of a cyst natural=BFN. Skipped IUI #3, decided to go for IVF. Found/removed uterine polyps Jan 2011. IVF cancelled, no follicles. IVF #2: 3 great embies put in on Easter Sunday = BFN. Hoping for another chance at IVF in July. TTC is NOT for wimps. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/2fab90/ttc.png
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"