Single Parents
Options

Dating & Kids

Ok...question.

I have been talking to a single dad for about two weeks now. He's 34, owner of a prominent business in town, and has full custody of his 2 year old son (mother has supervised visitation once a week). I know he's not some weirdo or made up person - I actually know people who grew up with him. The only problem is that we always have our kids with us.

He asked if I'd like to have a playdate at Chick-Fil-A with our kids. We'd eat dinner, and then they could play while we chatted a little bit. Would you do this?

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

Re: Dating & Kids

• Options

I think I would. I would just look at it as a playdate with a friend who just happens to be a single man. I might be in the minority, but I see nothing wrong with it.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I would probably do it (and I'm saying this because you stated how you know he's not a weird, have mutual acquaintences (sp??), etc).  It would probably be fun for the kids and it could just be a casual thing for you guys.  I always wondered how this would work when both parties generally have the kiddos all the time (as is the case with you).  People are always adament about not introducing someone to their children too soon, but what if you have them all.the.time?  I think this is a good compromise.

PS-I think I misspelled at least two words in there today-I need a coffee so please forgive!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageShanJosh777:

I think I would. I would just look at it as a playdate with a friend who just happens to be a single man. I might be in the minority, but I see nothing wrong with it.

This is how I see it as well. We've had many, many playdates with other moms & dads, and my girls have never once become attached to the other parents. They're too busy runnin amok with the other kids.

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Options
    I would as well. I dont see anything wrong with it.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Your situation sounds better than most!!! I think its actually a pretty cool "playdate".
  • Options

I don't see any reason why not.  Do it!

• Options
    do it, have fun, and let us know how it goes!
  • Options

imagekeychain01:
    Your situation sounds better than most!!! I think its actually a pretty cool "playdate".

He's the cutie in the first few seconds on the video here :)https://southernmulch.com/

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Options
    imageDarthNBJenni:

imagekeychain01:

He's the cutie in the first few seconds on the video here :)https://southernmulch.com/

YUMMY Darth!

• Options
    imageDarthNBJenni:

imagekeychain01:

Wow!!!!  Hottie!

• Options
    imageachase123:
    imageDarthNBJenni:

imagekeychain01:

Wow!!!!  Hottie!

I swoon over southern accents (I claim to have a midwestern one myself).  

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Options
    imageDarthNBJenni:

I swoon over southern accents (I claim to have a midwestern one myself).  

Me too! Sadly, they are tough to come by here in Pittsburgh. But he is definitely a hottie!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I wouldn't do it, but I've posted before about how I know I'm more uptight about this than most. I'd expect to be taken on a real date and hire a sitter. I would not mix dating with DS. Plus, Chick-fil-A? Really?
  • Options

imagealibabbbs:
    I wouldn't do it, but I've posted before about how I know I'm more uptight about this than most. I'd expect to be taken on a real date and hire a sitter. I would not mix dating with DS. Plus, Chick-fil-A? Really?

Hey now, I love me some CFA. I'm thinking it more of a playdate for the girls (they love their indoor play area, it's great for toddlers) than an actual date. If we chit chat and connect, then sure, we'll hire sitters and go out.  

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Options
    imageDarthNBJenni:

imagealibabbbs:

Hey now, I love me some CFA. I'm thinking it more of a playdate for the girls (they love their indoor play area, it's great for toddlers) than an actual date. If we chit chat and connect, then sure, we'll hire sitters and go out.  

THIS....I swear CFA has some of the cleaner places for kids to play indoors. Plus its just like she said a "playdate".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"