LGBT Parenting

FAQs - #2 - Methods

#2 - What method did you use use to achieve pregnancy? Did you do medicated or unmedicated cycles? What type of practitioner did you see?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FAQs - #2 - Methods

• We did:

2 ICIs at home (negative)

2 IUIs unmedicated with RE (negative)

3 IUIs with Clomid and trigger with RE (negative)

2 IUIs with Clomid, Follistim, and trigger with RE (last one was the one!)

Overall we did 9 attempts in 19 months. We took time off to regroup financially/emotionally, get testing done, etc.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • All 4 of our cycles have been medicated.

Cylcle #1- Provera+Clomid+Metformin+HCG+IUI=BFN

Cycle #2= Provera+Clomid+Metformin= Cancelled cycle- No mature follies

Cycle #3-Clomid+Metformin+HCG+Prog. Supps.+IUI=BFN

Current Cycle #4- Provera+Femara+Metformin

We have always seen an RE

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We did 4 unmedicated IUIs - unsuccessful.

1 IUI with a trigger shot - successful.

It worked on the 5th month.

We went to a fertility clinic, but things work a little bit different in Canada. We do not have to pay for any of the services (sperm only). We worked with a fertility doctor, even though I do not have any fertility issues. Again, that's what most LGBT couples do here.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My wife and I have are both trying.  No medical issues, at all (K's cycle is 23 days so it is a bit short.  Mine is text book 28 days, surge on day 14)

K = 3 cycles at home ICI's (6 vials in total) = BFN

K = 7 cycles non-medicated RE IUI's (single vial) = BFN

HSG, blood work, etc. all normal - she decided to take a break..

Me = 3 cycles non-medicated RE IUI's (all 2 vials) = BFN

HGS, blood work, etc. all normal

Me = 1 cycle clomid RE IUI (2 vials) .... in 2ww (fingers crossed!)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are on cycle #2, medicated with metformin, clomid, and ovidrel trigger. I have PCOS, so my cycles will always be medicated, and supervised by my *AWESOME* RE.

So far, we have done one IUI only each cycle. If this cycle is not a success, we will be possibly switching to femara (which worked better for me before), but definitely adding follistim or gonal-f to the mix.

I'm nervous about the marked increase in twin rates with the additional meds, but Kim says, "One for you, one for me!" Surprise

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • We did 3 unmedicated IUIs.  We had a midwife do the inseminations.

3rd time was the charm!

• We are working with an RE at a fertility clinic. I have ovulation issues and a history of very irregular periods, so my cycles are medicated and monitored with ultrasounds. We've done one IUI, with 50mg Clomid and HCG trigger. We are doing IUI #2 in a couple weeks.
    DW & I (yes, we're lesbians!) are using anonymous donor sperm and IUI TTC#1! Diagnosed with pituitary adenoma at age 16 2009: Extensive testing to find reason for irregular periods & rule out uterine cancer 10/2010: Dx possible PCOS / No Ovulation / Retroverted Uterus IUI #1 on 11/10/10 (50mg Clomid + Ovidrel trigger + Anonymous Donor Sperm) = BFN IUI #2 on 12/15/10 (50mg Clomid + Ovidrel trigger + Anonymous Donor Sperm) = BFP!!! Beta #1 = 75 (12dpiui) Beta #2 = 158 (14dpiui) Beta #3 = 333 (15dpiui) Beta #4 = 2,517 (19dpiui) First OB appointment and u/s 1/25/10 EDD: 9/7/11 BabyName Ticker
  • We're working with an RE. I really wanted to use a midwife, but we opted for the RE for insurance reasons, and I'm so glad we did. Turns out DW, despite perfect bloodwork and tests, doesn't have mature eggs on her own (she does ovulate). We're going into our 10th cycle and hopefully 4th IUI (we've done several clomid and 1 follistim cycle - several were egg busts - with two blighted ovums and one chemical pregnancy). Always used a trigger, and heavy monitoring.
  • We're on a ttc-break, but our chosen method is at home insemination with frozen donor sperm. I had CD3 blood work and an HSG which were all normal. I had my OB/GYN sign-off so it's shipped directly to us and after thawing it we use a sterile syringe. I use bbt, opks and physical signs to chart and determine when to do the insem and we've done 1 insem and 2 insem cycles. If, once we start ttc again, this method doesn't work within a couple cycles, we'll go to an RE for ultrasound monitoring and/or meds.
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"