High-Risk Pregnancy

How accutare are growth u/s?

So I had a growth u/s on Friday and they say that baby only weighs about 5lbs 2oz. But he feels huge in there. I was just wondering if anyone knows how accurate they are. I am just worried because they told me that I am pre-e again and given my history I could have an early section. Doc said they wanted me to make it at least to 36wks which I am today, but I really am feeling fine and would like to give baby a little longer to get bigger. So yeah if anyone has a story to share about their growth u/s please share. Thanks!

Re: How accutare are growth u/s?

• I always heard they are not that accurate but here is details on mine with twins

36 week  ultrasound Baby A 6lb 13oz    Baby B 5lbs

Born at 37 weeks 4 days Baby A was 6lbs 11oz and Baby B 5lbs

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAmberB711:

I always heard they are not that accurate but here is details on mine with twins

36 week  ultrasound Baby A 6lb 13oz    Baby B 5lbs

Born at 37 weeks 4 days Baby A was 6lbs 11oz and Baby B 5lbs

i had a similar experience...

u/s at 39w2d baby was 8lb 10oz

born at 40w1d baby weighed 8lb 11oz

so for me, i'd say that'd pretty accurate!

• Loading the player...
  • Mine at 38w 3d was 6lbs 4 oz.  Baby was born at 39w 2d at 5 lbs 15 oz.
  • for me we had an u/s at 34w 4d baby measured about 6lbs. Two days later I was in L&D w/ pih and ptl and they measured him at 4lbs. He was born 12 hours later at 6lb. 8oz. So they can be off. My ob always told me they could be + or - 2lbs.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • u/s at 36 weeks:  5 lb 10 oz

born at 37 weeks:  5 lb even

We found out after DD was born that she had IUGR.

• They're not 100%.

With E&L, I had growth scans done on the Thursday (they were born on the Wednesday after that) and they estimated E to be under 3lbs (2lbs 10oz or so) and she was born at 3lbs 1oz and estimated L to be under 4 lbs (3lbs 12oz) and he was born at 4lbs 4oz.

They can defintiely be off depending on the position of the baby and other factors! Try not to worry about it! I did and it was for nothing!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think at the point you're at, they say the baby can be +/- a pound. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies! I just am worried. DD was only 3lbs. 4oz. and I would just love to have a normal sized baby, and not have to keep him in the nicu. Thanks for your input!

• I will let you know, I have a growth u/s scheduled on Monday and a c-section Tuesday.  Last U/S  was 11/23 and baby was estimated at 8lbs 1 oz.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"