Health & Exercise

Anyone get the info on the new WW plan today?

It came out today and my meeting is not until Saturday! I am dying to know!!!

Re: Anyone get the info on the new WW plan today?

• I got it but haven't fully grasped all of it yet.

Basically, the old Points system is gone.

The new Points are "Points Plus"

Instead of calculating using cal, fat and fiber, you calculate using fat, fiber, carbs, and protein.  So, get ready to throw out your old scale/calculator/pedometer etc. because the points values are totally different.  Similar in some cases, but not totally.

You will wind up getting more pointsplus per day.  They call it your DPT (Daily Points Target).  For example, my daily  target used to be 23, now it's 29.  Apparently 29 is the minimum - which seems odd to me because I have a lot to lose still (more than the ticker indicates).... but we'll see.

You'll get a lot of new material - new food guide, weight tracker, other books and such.

There is no more handy sliding scale in the back of the book, since there's 4 criteria instead of three.  So, I bought the new points calculator to use when grocery shopping, etc.

There's more new stuff of course, but that's it in a nutshell.  I feel like this week is going to be hard for me - I'm going to try to plan food 24 hours in advance to get myself used to the new PointsPlus situation.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do WW online, so I just got the email about it. I've been using points for six years, this is going to take some getting used to!

Looks like fruits might be point-free now. I just put in 2 cups of grapes (which would have been 2 points before) and it's now 0. So that would be a welcome change. 

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagepea-kay:

I do WW online, so I just got the email about it. I've been using points for six years, this is going to take some getting used to!

Looks like fruits might be point-free now. I just put in 2 cups of grapes (which would have been 2 points before) and it's now 0. So that would be a welcome change. 

Yes, all fresh fruits and most non-starch veggies are 0 points now.  My leader explained that they don't want anyone to be "penalized" for making healthy choices.

• What?  Why would they change it?  I've only been a member for the 7 day trail 1 time and have done it on my own successfully so I think I'll probably continue the old way.  Luckily I have a WONDERFUL app on my iPhone and can calculate the points however I want.
  • That has me thinking of doing WW again.  I need the help, but got so frustrated that protein wasn't taken into account and that fruit seemed like such a waste of points rather than a healthy choice.

Oh and those are the cutest triplets I have ever seen.

• I just started tracking the new system today, and it's got me worried.  I've been super successful on the old plan so this better work as well if not better!  I do like how fruits & veggies are 0 points now though. 
  • I started the new plan today.  I'm an online member.  From what I can tell, the new plan has kept points for proteins similar to what they were on the old plan.  Carbs are going to be higher.  Fruits and veggies are 0, but they encourage you to be thoughtful about how much you eat (especially fruit) and not over do it. 

My mom is a WW leader, but she wasn't allowed to talk about the program until the new plan launched this week.  She said that when they explained the new program to their employees they said their reason for changing was to make the plan matched with current weight loss research.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"