Georgia Babies
Options

My trip home

I was so glad to get to go home and see friends and family for Thanksgiving.  It was a little bitter sweet for me though for a few reasons.

One of my best friends is going through a hard time and close to divorce.  I am pretty shaken by that because they've always been "that" couple who were solid.  They are trying to work it out so I'm hoping for the best outcome for them.

But also seeing my mom was hard.   She has declined so much.  You wouldn't know she's only 67 years old.   She lost so much weight in the last year after her chemo therapy last summer.  But she also has tardive dyskenesia and she's struggling with it.   (Its a nuerological disorder she got from one of her psych meds that causes her to have no control over her movements.)   She is so skinny and frail and she's been obese my entire life.   It was shocking to see her.  

I've said on here many many times that I can not live near my  mom because she's too much work, but at this point, I am considering moving her down here, but only if she'll go into a nursing home.   How she is living alone is beyond me at this point.

Every night she would nearly fall.  She walks like she's drunk all the time and by the end of the day she'd be so exhausted from her movements that she can't make it to the kitchen to get her meds.   And her diabetes is totally erratic  from all this weight loss.  So her blood sugar is spiking up and down and causing her to be even more unstable.   

And my sister is still being a total *** to her all the time.  

Other than all of that, I had so much fun with everyone.   I miss the northeast so much.  I guess I'm just lucky to have met so many nice people here.  

Re: My trip home

• Options
    I'm so sorry Michelle, I know it isn't the same but my grandmother is so hard to see now that she has deteriorated so much so I can only imagine how hard it is to see your mom like that. I am glad you got to go and spend time with her, and see your friends!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am so sorry that you had to see your mom like that. I am also sorry about your friend and her dh. I am glad you had a fun trip other than that though. I have been longing for the northeast lately too. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad you enjoyed your trip! But I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and your friend :o(
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm glad you had a nice trip home but, sorry for all the worries you brought back with you. It must be awful to see your mom like that. Hopefully you guys can come to an arrangement. The fact that your sister is being an as* to her must make it that much worse. :( 

You guys get settled then let's gtg. We are so glad you guys are here. Jackson would be lost if his Evie ever left. ;) 

• Options

Glad you had a nice visit up North and with your family. Sorry to hear about your mom, I am sure that was tough to see.

• Options
    I am sorry about your mom--it can't be easy to see her that way.  Hugs.  I hear you on missing the Northeast--I always seem to miss living there more around the holidays.  I think I just miss Manhattan at Christmas time.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageseasidebride05:
    I am sorry about your mom--it can't be easy to see her that way.  Hugs.  I hear you on missing the Northeast--I always seem to miss living there more around the holidays.  I think I just miss Manhattan at Christmas time.

My husband must really love me because he took us into the city on the drive up so we could go into Central Park.   CP in the fall is my absolute favorite.   And they still had the scaffoling up, but we showed Evie the Rock Center tree.   I would have loved time to walk along 5th and see the window displays.   I saw Saks briefly.  

• Options
    I'm really sorry about your mom Michelle.  I hope that you can find a solution that is best for her, you and the rest of your family.  I'm glad you had an overall good visit though - it's great you got to stop in the city for a bit.  It's so pretty this time of year.
  • Options

I'm sorry things are so rough for your mom right now. I can't imagine what it must be like to see her like that. Even if you did get her in a nursing home, maybe she could get better to the point of going into assisted living?

Anyway, glad y'all made it home safe. That must've been one long car ride.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageMLvK:

imageseasidebride05:

My husband must really love me because he took us into the city on the drive up so we could go into Central Park.   CP in the fall is my absolute favorite.   And they still had the scaffoling up, but we showed Evie the Rock Center tree.   I would have loved time to walk along 5th and see the window displays.   I saw Saks briefly.  

That is love--I bet traffic was brutal.  I tell my husband that I am going to try and take the baby each year (once he is old enough) to the city at Christmas--I want him to experience all that I loved growing up-visiting Macy's at Herald Square, skating and the tree at Rockefeller, etc.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about this... I'm sure that has to be hard to see. ?If you need nursing home recommendations or advise, I'd be happy to help you (I am a therapist in a nursing home setting). ?Take care
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"