Indiana Babies

Post your Black Friday Deals if you shopped!

Ok, here are mine:

Mom and I braved the Prime Outlets in Jeffersonville, OH, and here is our roundup.

1.  Adidas.  Our family plays tennis, and so we bought a lot there.  HOWEVER, the best score was for my 10 year old nephew.  Performance tennis outfits (normally $40 each piece), shirts were $6, shorts were $3.  He is going to think we spent $1000 on him!

2.  Stride Rite.  When my niece got Sketchers Twinke Toes tennis shoes for her birthday, J went and got his shoes and tried forever to get them to light up.  It was so sad, and since sketchers don't make wides, he can't fit into them.  Well, he needed brown shoes/hikers for winter, and I found hikers at SR in WIDE and yes, they LIGHT UP!  Not as impressive a light show as the twinkle toes, but I'm sooooo excited.  And they were $19, plus half off a second pair of shoes.  

3.  Bare Escentuals.  My mom had wanted to try Bare Minerals, but she was intimidated about how to use all-powder makeup.  I made her get a makeover (the saleslady was thrilled, because nobody else wanted one) and bought her everything the girl used.  They had amazing deals on sets from last season.  

4.  Nike.  BIL wanted the Nike+ system, and no place discounts it.  Well, the sales guy told us the cash registers were ringing everything in the store 20% off, and although the + stuff wasn't supposed to be included, they were ringing up on sale!  He told us to get in line quickly before corporate fixed the error on the system.  Awesome deal, and my mom (the least technically savvy of all of us) gets the cred for getting BIL a high tech gift!

5.  Gymbo.  All the lines from two years ago were on clearance $4.99, then they had 20% off everything in the store.  I bought every 3T boy item they had and didn't pay over $4 an item.  DS1 has his entire wardrobe for next fall/winter already in the bag!  Plus I got gymbucks!

6.  TCP.  Everything in the store was 1/2 off, and they had current lines.  I bought a bunch of tutus and sequined outfits for my nieces, and never spent more than $7 on anything, shoes included.   SOOOO adorablel! 

The best part was that mom and I had a blast.  I hadn't gone marathon shopping with her since before J was born, and since DH kept the boys, we were able to enjoy the day at our own pace.  We had some serious girl-time catching up to do.  

Re: Post your Black Friday Deals if you shopped!

• Those are some awesome deals!  I am impressed!

We didn't go clothes shopping because I wasn't feeling well, but we did take advantage on the deals of our gifts to each other for Christmas.  We're kind of non-traditional like that and would rather get a deal than a surprise for Christmas.

I got DH a KitchenAid mixer at Target and a cordless screwdriver which are two things he's been wanting to get for years.  He got me a Flip video camera from Radio Shack for about 40% off.

We also got lots of different gifts for my mom, MIL, brother, and nephew.  It was a great day!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Great deals!  I didn't see a lot that I wanted, but my dad *loves* to go, so I went with him.  We didn't wait in line anywhere and really had an easy experience!

1.  Walmart - HDMI cable ($10) and The Community Season 1 ($12).  He bought a blu-ray player

2.  Staples - he wanted some software, so I bought a labelmaker ($10)

3.  Macy's - Bella Cucina rocket blender and USB computer lamp (total for both $7)

4.  Target - 2TB external hard drive ($70).  Both Evansville stores were sold out, but when we stopped by Target in Btown last night after church, they had a bunch left.

I was really pleased with the purchases!  We stopped by GAP for the 50% off, but they didn't have the dress I wanted for Olivia and I didn't really feel like trying on clothes for myself.

• Loading the player...
  • I posted about the Express deal (online and in store) the other day. 40% off plus $50 off $150 spent. That was a pretty good deal. (I bought two dresses and a sweater dress). I bought online and that was the only clothes shopping I did.

We went Kohls and Target when they opened and then hit Best Buy about 30 minutes after opening. I was surprised that it wasn't as busy this year.

I got a ton of toys for 50% off or more....FP learning table $20, Leapfrog birthday cake $7 (for DD's 1st birthday), a bunch of FP laugh and learn toys as well as several Little People sets for 50% off plus additional 15% off, Toy Story action figures...and a bunch of other toys. Also got 3 of the Kohls toddler towels for $7.99 plus 15% off.

I got DVD bluerays for $7.99.

A DVD player with two tv's to put on the back of the headrests in my car for DD/traveling for $85.

1TB portable external harddrive for $90....$60 off. (Didn't see the one's at Target until I looked back through the ad before going back there last night...and then they were sold out.)

That's all I can think of right now...

• We ventured out to BRU and ordered our crib, changing table, and dresser. Also picked up a few boxes of diapers and wipes, as well as several pairs of jeans. We were in and out of there in about 30 minutes... that's my kind of shopping!
  • We ventured to Walmart and got a new (good) laptop, flip cam, shredder and fire/waterproof safe all for under 600.00 I'm extremely pleased with our deals!

We're also the non-traditional type where we'd rather find a great deal on Black friday and get a "house" present than get each other gifts to open on Christmas morning.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1.  Target - got the dual screen portable DVD player for $85 for road trips with the boys, Toy Story figurines, Uno Moo, Fisher Price Little People Nativity Set (which I had a rain check for from last week), Digital key chains for $10 ea, a soft blanket for $20 (regular $40),

2.  Wal-Mart - kids' digital camera for $19.99.  They were sold out of the Leapsters for $25.  Silly me didn't realize the sale started at midnight.  (I used Santa Bucks at Meijer and got it for $39.99).

3.  Staples - $99 Flip video camera and 1TB external hard drive for $49.99 (didn't check at Target for the 2 TB one).

Sara :)

Proud Mommy to Elliott 7.24.07 & Oliver 9.1.09 Our Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"