Baby Showers

Shower location question

One of my showers is to be given by my sister and three of my best friends.  Two of the hostesses live over three hours away, and the other two are worried about hosting at one of their houses because they are kind of small and the guest list is pretty large.  I have a larger home in a central location for all the guests, so they asked if they could host the shower at my house.  They figured that way the guests could see the nursery and I wouldn't have to lug all the gifts home afterward.  I said it was fine with me but I was just wondering if this is considered tacky?  I have never been to a shower at the mom-to-be's house.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Shower location question

• I think it's fine as long as it's clear that you're not the host - the 4 of them are. What a bonus that you won't have to lug everything home!!

I just hope one or more of them offers to come and help clean your house before, because that shouldn't be up to you :)

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• I've seen this issue a lot with some women. As long as the invitations list the address, but the other 4 people as the hosts, it's completely appropriate.
    "For I know the plans I have for you,
  • Loading the player...
  • I think there's nothing wrong with it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• When I hosted a shower for my BFF, there was no question about where to hold it: her house! She got a crib, a stroller, and a high chair at that shower. I can't imagine having to pack that up (probably in multiple cars or multiple trips) to get it back to her place afterward. The invitations listed myself and the co-host as hosts, and the RSVP was to us, so there was never any thought that it looked like she was hosting for herself. We also did all the food prep and cleaning beforehand, rather than let the mom to be straighten up herself.
    BFP #1 5/1/10, missed mc dx 6/4/10 BFP #2 8/5/10, baby boy arrived 4/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad to know other people have done this before!  They are definitely taking care of the hosting duties including invitations, food, and clean-up. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think it's totally fine. My mom is doing a shower for me at my house. She rents a room from someone so she really has no space and it's a small number of people coming. Works out well for you because then all the stuff is already at the house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My sister suggested this as an option to me but I didn't know if it'd look tacky - so I told her no - but I do love the appeal of not lugging anything anywhere else!!!  I'm glad you asked this question and there's no negativity toward it so I will tell her that if it's easier for her, I'm all for it!! Smile
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"