High-Risk Pregnancy

GD...small vent

Ok for you other ladies with GD here, are you having an easier time dealing with the GD later in your pregnancy, or a harder time?

This is week 5 of having GD for me, and doing the diet and testing. My numbers have been great, except for a few in the 140's. 

I am so sick of trying to find something good to eat that doesn't have huge amounts of carbs.

I am sick of trying to remember to eat every two hours. I nap as much as possible during the day, b/c nights I just cannot sleep, so it is hard to wake up to test at the right time sometimes.

I am sick of pricking my fingers!

I feel lucky that my  GD has been managed with diet, but I am just tired of it.I will continue to do the best thing for baby though!

Thanks for letting me vent! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GD...small vent

• you're almost done and it's only temporary!!!! I still have 14 weeks to go....I feel your pain...
  • I understand your frustrations, but at least at least remember there is an end, and it's a pretty good one!  I'm sure once your baby is here you'll forget all about it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I understand your frustrations, but wish that I was as close to the end as you are!

I was Dx with GD at 19 weeks, and then at 22 weeks was put on insulin. Some days are easier, some days are harder. You just have to take it one day at a time. I find that when I'm feeling most down even just the littlest kick from my LO is like she's cheering me on, and it gives me the little push I need to keep going that day.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks Ladies! I am sorry you all have a bit longer to go than me, and I am glad you are all keeping positive attitudes :)

GL and I look forward to hearing the end of your journeys!

• I've had my weeks.  I'm on week 8 of the diagnosis of GD.  It is frustrating.  And I did everything to avoid the medication, but I finally realized, it was better.  And I'm on glyburide 2.5 twice/day and it gives me a little wiggle room.  I'm not nearly so stressed over my numbers.  The week leading up to that was the most frustrating.  So I feel your pain!

Hang in there.  I feel like I eat the same three meals over and over because I know they are safe on my numbers. 

• I totally feel you.  I have been managing my GD for 10 weeks now and have been tired of the same thing over and over for a while (I'm on insulin and metformin to help my numbers).  These past few days have been especially hard because I know I am almost done (being induced tomorrow). I'm so close to having donuts in the delivery room, I can almost taste them!!!  Hang in there, it will be worth it!!!
  • some days are worse than others. With the hormones/roller coaster emotions i've found myself breaking into tears cause i'm so frustrated about what i can/can't eat right now. i just keep a mental list of all the things i want once this baby is out.
  • I have to agree... It's a roller coaster.  I'd say it's generally gotten better as time wears on, since I'm more used to the routine, but I definitely have those days when it all just seems like too much and I just want a damn cookie.  It's particularly frustrating when I have a long stretch of things going fine and thinking I have the hang of this, and then *bam* a couple of high numbers for no real reason.  GD is so frustrating.
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemisthang_1:
    These past few days have been especially hard because I know I am almost done (being induced tomorrow). I'm so close to having donuts in the delivery room, I can almost taste them!!!  Hang in there, it will be worth it!!!

Congrats and GL!! Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"